Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can help me! I’ve a 2001 klf300 and I’ve no spark. It sparks when I disconnect the battery (very weak and intermittent) and use pull start. Battery connected and using electric start I’ve no spark at all. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What shape is your battery in? Will it fire using the pull starter?
Hello Qtown, I used the battery at first but then used a fully charged jump pack. I put the battery on charge. It’s about 2 years old. It has no spark when turned over by the starter motor but if I disconnect the battery the plug will spark by pull starting, albeit a very weak, sporadic spark. Thanks for getting back to me.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I have a 1993 Bayou 300 2wd that I am working on that had no spark.
I found one of the ground wire connectors was loose and corroded next to the air box on the left side. I fixed that, and now have spark.
Tonight, I will be cutting out the stator wire connector ( which looked perfect on the outside ), because it is melted internally, and the battery is not charging.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1993 Bayou 300 2wd that I am working on that had no spark.
I found one of the ground wire connectors was loose and corroded next to the air box on the left side. I fixed that, and now have spark.
Tonight, I will be cutting out the stator wire connector ( which looked perfect on the outside ), because it is melted internally, and the battery is not charging.
((((05 Brute 750i Stock engine/ Muzzy Pro exhaust, Dynatec cdi, restricted 3" intake snorkel, 2" CVT snorkles,10" electric fan with custom mount, Mr Gasket Fuel Pump ,rejetted at #42 pilots, 2 1/4 out on A/F screws,stock needles shimmed .020",# 158/# 158 main Jets, 2017 OEM Brute Wheels w/26" Mud Lite XTR, Heim Tie Rods ends,buss connector mod front/rear))))) Have you posted any pictures of your Mule anywhere? I'd love to see the mods you have done.

JOHN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts