Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all, i have recently acquired a klf300 with no spark and when I connect a power source the neutral doesn't come on and no power seems to get anywhere, what could this be? cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay so to elaborate i get 5ish volts to the coil an ignition switch when i spin the motor (by hand) but the battery voltage wont get to the coil or front of the wiring harness? wiring looks fine, could a bad starter relay or starter circuit relay cause this? Any ideas greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe there is a back relay on most of the older 220-300 bayous that has to be good for the neutral light to come on and the electric start to work. I believe when they were bad the bike would still run though with a pull start or jumping the solenoid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe there is a back relay on most of the older 220-300 bayous that has to be good for the neutral light to come on and the electric start to work. I believe when they were bad the bike would still run though with a pull start or jumping the solenoid.
I have a 1996 220 bayou. Battery is shot. It use to idle, then I cleaned the jets in the carb and cant get it to start. Tried charging the battery and the fuse keeps blowing. On top of all of that, No on lights, nothing.... This fourwheeler ran great 2 months ago. Seems like me and the other gentleman on this forum is having a little of the same problem...

·
Registered
12 Posts
The 300's are known for rectifier problems and when they go bad they burn up the cdi. It will actually sound like its knocking, I've seen the same issue with a 220 but not near as often.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 1996 220 bayou. Battery is shot. It use to idle, then I cleaned the jets in the carb and cant get it to start. Tried charging the battery and the fuse keeps blowing. On top of all of that, No on lights, nothing.... This fourwheeler ran great 2 months ago. Seems like me and the other gentleman on this forum is having a little of the same problem...

You sound to have a short or maybe you hooked up the cables backwards on the battery?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts