Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Backstory: ATV Ran fine, once stopped in the forest and had to be towed back to my workshop. Found that the stator connector was melted together. Fixed that, changed ignition coil, and it ran mostly fine but intermittently lost spark. Changed CDI box which fixed that problem. Ran fine for a year, but started to misfire more and more often until it did that most of the time. It's not really losing spark, it's firing when it's not supposed to, occasionally making the engine kick in the wrong direction if the revs are low enough. I found that disconnecting the charge regulator would make the problem disappear. I measured the regulator, one diode seemed bad so I got a new one. No change. I then bought another new CDI box and changed the stator and ignition sensor to make sure everything in the ignition circuit was new.

And now, it's still doing it. I'm leaning to a broken cable/connector somewhere but it seems illogical to me that it would spark when not supposed to if it were that. Any suggestions is very much appreciated!

Edit: To clarify, it still misfires, but it also still completely runs fine when I disconnect the rectifier/regulator.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts