Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Knock in the CVT cover

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SublimeJJ99 
#1 ·
I'm having an issue with a loud knock on warm up with my Prairie in the CVT cover. After a short ride the knock goes away. I don't like it and I think that it could be excessively wearing components in the clutch area. Does anyone else have this problem and if so how can I fix it? Thanks in advance for the help.

#3 · (Edited)
My '09 has only about 100 hrs on it, {no belt light yet!}, and I have a slight knock, will increase / decrease with rpm only when cold, then goes away quickly after a ride. Was told it was "normal" cvt noise once it is broken in.....??? I find it very hard to believe anything is worn out......never abused at all, never stuck, always low range etc., and...it's not motor noise. My highly calibrated right ear with a stethescope says so....besides it's only on the right side....

#4 ·
Hey Redlined,
Did you ever find out what that knock was. I just bought an 06 BF650, 130 hours, 500 (what appear to be) very easy miles. Mine is doing it and scaring me. I am on warantee until this saturday but cant get it to a dealer as Im on vaca. Did yours ever result in a problem? How many miles on it now and is it still doing it. Thanks man!

#5 ·
I had the same issue with my 06 750 I sent the primary clutch to vfj,after a stage 3 spidermod with cover no more knock and one heck of a difference,no other way to go!

#6 ·
It's been a while since I've been on this forum, but I found out what the knock was. It was the shoes on the primary clutch. I took it apart and put some really thin spring washers under each of the shoes and bam...knock was gone. It's been gone for over a year. Had to spend about $120 in special tools to break the clutch apart, but it was well worth it. Just thought I'd update everyone that may have the same issue.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.