Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2021 Mule FX Pro… I had it serviced at 20 hrs and requested the mechanics to look for what is causing the noise that was worrying me. It sounds like a knocking or pinging and I couldn’t pin point where Exactly it was coming from. It kind of sounds like popcorn. Random popping. Usually around 25 mph. And about five minutes into riding. The service has been done and the mechanics say that the noise is normal and it’s coming from the transmission because of an upgrade to the newer models. But to me it seems weird that there should be any noise like that coming from a new machine.If it isn’t anything it sure is annoying. It makes me wonder. Does anybody else experience this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
There has been much discussion about this on the facebook mule group. Different descriptions of noise, marbles in coffee can, clicking, etc. No real resolution other than it does not appear to cause any problems. I have a 2021 Ranch model and it starts noise at around 25 mph and is very annoying. Almost everyone that has ridden in it asks about it. I tell them to ignore it. I'm up to about 750 miles and 60 something hours and noise is about the same as it was at 20 hours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There has been much discussion about this on the facebook mule group. Different descriptions of noise, marbles in coffee can, clicking, etc. No real resolution other than it does not appear to cause any problems. I have a 2021 Ranch model and it starts noise at around 25 mph and is very annoying. Almost everyone that has ridden in it asks about it. I tell them to ignore it. I'm up to about 750 miles and 60 something hours and noise is about the same as it was at 20 hours.
Thank you for the response! I’m just going to keep riding and knowing it has a three year warranty gives me some sort of peace of mind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for the response! I’m just going to keep riding and knowing it has a three year warranty gives me some sort of peace of mind.
I to have this noise same speed , have about 140 miles like this machine quite a bit do hope to see some answers will continue ridding see what happens

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am at about 40 hours/400 miles. My property limits me, so I rarely exceed 20mph, mostly 10 mph. So far no noise, but I do not run at 25+ mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts