Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its going to be a slow going process but I got the motor from Dirk yesterday.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope you've got an extended swing arm for that thing.
Don't want one. :D The rest of the bike will stay the same as its always been.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hey D. Glad to see motor arrived. Sorry it took so long but you know what I'm dealing with. Look forward to your build.

Scheib32 I'm just speculating here but I have a feeling D hardly ever has his front tires on the ground. Have you seen his pictures or videos? His front tires would likely rot before he would wear the tread down. No weights needed....haha

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I do like wheelies but I also don't believe in extended swing arms. That just takes rider ability out of the equation.

And im sure I will let a few friends try it out and when it scares the hell out of em, guess what?, they don't ask to ride my bike any more. :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think we had more fun on ours with the stock swinger and engine. Not to say its not fun now. I think it actually hooked up better with the short swinger and it definitely started eisyer with the stock engine and didn't have to run $10 a gallon race fuel

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan on leaving the motor mostly stock other than a little porting and a billet basket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm on the tail end of my 500 build and am excited about it for sure. I used an 86 kx500 and put it in an 87 frame. The frame had been completely destroyed in an accident so i didnt feel bad about altering it big time. Just waiting on a few small things to come in and the motor to come back. I roughed it all in and did a dry run for fitment then stripped it down and made her pretty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts