Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a Kawasaki Lakota 300, but I cannot tell what year it is. on the frame it says KEF300A. It doesnt say A1,A2,A3 etc... :confused: is there somewhere else i can look to tell? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mike is exactly the same. Near as I've been able to tell it's a 1995. HOnestly it doesn't matter much as there were nearly no changes.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Only places to find information about year/model are circled in the attached picture. Green circle is the location of a sticker. Red circle is where the VIN is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Green circle is KEF300A
And what a bad spot for a VIN#... some of it is very hard to read. is it like the first 11 digits? or the whole thing?

So far I have JKAE8A13TD5?58??

? = hard to read. The first ? I think is a 9 and the last to numbers are either 3's or 8's

where would i look to find the year if I had the vin?

·
Registered
1 Posts
lakota

Green circle is KEF300A
And what a bad spot for a VIN#... some of it is very hard to read. is it like the first 11 digits? or the whole thing?

So far I have JKAE8A13TD5?58??

? = hard to read. The first ? I think is a 9 and the last to numbers are either 3's or 8's

where would i look to find the year if I had the vin?
SORRY new dont mean to but in on thread can u send me close up of where vin is on lakota sport 300 frame has like 10 coats of paint on it and cant find vin # i wanna kno year and do vin check thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Timberwolf 8199, I cannot see attached thumbnail where you showed Lakota 300 where to find vin or model year of a Lakota? Help appreciated!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Vin number is stamped on the frame. Look at the tube under the front of the engine on the left side (left when you're sitting on it). Mine is no longer there...rust removal when I bought it and then a fresh coat of paint obliterated it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts