Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little info on swapping a 300ex carb in place of the stocker, I have searched and found that it can be done but will need the Honda throttle cable/thumb throttle etc. My question is are there any other modifications required? thanks for any info!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Shouldn't be too hard the airbox may not lineup quite right but it's pretty easy to adjust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool, i'm already running a pod filter so that shouldn't be an issue. After doing a little more research it looks like spacers are required for the fuel tank? Does this mess with the rest of the plastics lining up?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Depending on the size of the spacers it may affect the fit of the plastics. I don't think you will need to use the spacers but you won't know for sure until you try it. Good luck and I hope it works out.

·
Registered
721 Posts
You do need spacers. You'll also need a new carb holder (the boot/flange that holds the carb to the head). Get the carb holder from a mojave. It has slightly more bend to it which helps drop the carb down to clear the bottom of the tank. I have two washers under the back of my tank and the new carb holder. Between the two, it fits under the tank at a slight angle from vertical. The gap between the front and rear plastics is slightly increased but not enough to cause problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts