Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have, I believe an old 1995 Lakota 4x4 ATV. I use it only for work on a ranch. Can someone tell me where I can locate a diaphragm valve for the carb at a resonable price? Thanks, HS

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
I don't believe there was ever a Lakota 4x4. Are you sure you don't have a Bayou 300 4x4? or Bayou 400 4x4. I guess you would have to determine what you actually have first. As far as I know, all Lakotas were 2wd only. I used to have one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, My brother picked it up used several years ago. It might be a Bayou. I have no info on it. A mechanic messed up the choke. When I went into the carb, I saw that the diaphram was damaged. I tried to find them on the net, not much luck. Just thought some of you could give me a good place to check around. Thanks, HS

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Can you determine if it is a 300cc or 400cc? Is there a make & model number on the carb? Keihin CVK_ _ or Mikuni something?

·
Registered
721 Posts
picture 2351 is a Bayou, 9959 is a Lakota. Notice that the bayou has an extra piece of plastic over the fender that makes it wider. Another easy to spot difference is the front bumper/headlights. The Bayou has a framed gap between the headlights, the Lakota does not. Twyztid is right, ALL Lakotas were 2WD.....so if it has driver shafts going to the front it's not a Lakota. As for parts, bikebandit.com is usually a good source, but can't be sure until we know for sure what machine it is.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
The carb should be the same on a Bayou 300 and the Lakota 300.

Are you looking for part #16126 on the attached diagram? I really hope that is not the part because it is VERY expensive. :eek:

CheapCycleParts.com's 1995 Kawasaki ATV Bayou 300 4x4 (KLF300-C7) Parts List

View attachment 19477

You might be better off trying to buy a whole used carburetor from someone that is parting out a Bayou 300 or a Lakota 300.
http://nashville.craigslist.org/rvs/1503051030.html
http://northmiss.craigslist.org/mcy/1526882818.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I believe that is the part that need. I thought I might could find one cheaper somewhere but probably not. On the carb I did find CVK, G362 ALGG. Also I wanted to call and make sure it was the correct part. I will check out Craig's list. Thanks , HS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts