Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Lakota.

The carb is junk on it and is not repairable. I cannot locate any used Lakota carbs.

From what other atv's will the carb work on my Lakota. Mojave? Bayou? I found some Bayou carbs on ebay but they look different.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :confused:

·
Registered
200 Posts
A lot of people swap the carb for one from a 400EX. The Lakota is really choked up from the factory, and the Honda carb is the cure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will the 400ex carb hook right up or do you have to use a diff carb boot? Also what jetting do I use? The stock Lakota jetting?

·
Registered
637 Posts
You will need the carb, thumb throttle for the bars and the cable. It will fit in the Lakota intake boot but, the Mojave boot changes the angle a bit and makes fitment better. A clamp on angled Uni filter would be stongly suggested. Dont use a K&N.Too much fine debris gets through it. Jetting results are in relation to your elevetion level. I used some rubber bushings to space the fuel tank up a bit for clearance from the carb. Some folks have gotten away without doing it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already had a UNI angled filter ordered! Haha.

As far as jetting go's. I recently received my custom jet kit for my lakota that was made in relation to my mods and elevation. Would this jetting work fine in the 400ex carb or no?

I think jetting is my biggest concern right now.

·
Registered
637 Posts
No, It'll be a whole new ball game with a bigger carb. A lot more air intake on this one. If you are in fact in Lancaster PA, and thats where you primarily ride you are at approximately 331ft above sea level. I'm at 416 ft so you should be really close to mine. I'll look to see what my jets are and that would give you a base to start from if you do end up getting the 400ex carb. I'll will work with you to get it right, as I have done for others on this site. You could prolly find a stock carb on ebay if you dont want to mess with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.