Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Put the ATV in first gear. That will keep the collar from moving around the shaft, that comes out of the 5 bolt bracket (it's a bearing housing). I was able to twist the collar off by hand. Then I removed the 5 bolts and the bearing housing came out very easily. When that goes back in, you have to pay attention to the torque specs on those bolts and the cover as well. Then you can clean the entire gasket surface, and put a brand new gasket on. Just finished it up today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really need help guys. We have taken the transmission cover off, gotten down to the 5 bolt pattern part. There is a bearing housing???(some call it a collar) we can not get it off to put the gasket on behind it. Anyone know how? Thanks:confused:
I had the same issue. After you pull the 5 bolts off you need to understand tha flange is part of a larger part (looks like a hub). The flange is a rotation part of a metal cylindrical tube that has roller bearing and a Oring You will see an shiny metal collar tube that moves slightly. Pull the collar off. The flange which closely resembles a hub assembly off a GM can easily be pulled off by hand now with that silver collar tube off

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a 5 bolt flange thingy that will not come off I have tried taking everything off putting it in gear and trying to get that collar shaft thing to come off. Nothing is working, help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the collar part off with some pliers to be able to get the 5 bolt thing off, but be gentle, that is where the o ring seal is on the outer cover.👍

21 - 24 of 24 Posts