Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for an LCD TV, been reading alot of reviews on different brands. Seems Vizio is a decent brand. What brands do some of you have and what are your opinions on the model you have, or had in the past.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I personally own a 37inch Samsung LCD that also doubles as my computer monitor, I paid $799 at Best buy 2 years ago. The picture on it is almost surreal. I shopped around diligently looking for a great tv and I am glad that I got my samsung. I own a 50inch plasma that is my living room t.v and it's great also. I would recommend either.

Vizio is taking over the market on TV's because they can offer them at such a great price but I do not think their LCD's are all too great. Sony used to have good tv's but when I go into an electronics place and check out tv's I am never too impressed with their products.

How much are you looking to spend?

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I only buy name brands. TV is too important to me to buy off brand. :lol:

Every TV (I bought) in our house is a Sony XBR. I have a 40 inch LCD for myself, there is a 46inch LCD in the living room, a 32inch LCD in one of the bedrooms.

All of them are very nice. If I couldn't get a Sony, I would settle for Toshiba or Samsung.

The next thing I want to get (it will be a while) is one of the new upcoming LED 1080p front projectors. No bulbs in those you can use them like a TV if you want, the light will last the life of the machine. Lamp based projectors have a bulb life of about 2000 hours. The bulbs are 300-400 bucks.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
matt i bought a sony 50" projection lcd about five years ago and other than one 100 dollar bulb(just switched the bulb out this week actually)absolutely nothing else has gone wrong.five years strong.i personally think sony is just about the best,everything i have ever owned of thiers has been top notch.i do see alot of insignia's and vizeo's around now though,i'm sure their decent

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
matt i bought a sony 50" projection lcd about five years ago and other than one 100 dollar bulb(just switched the bulb out this week actually)absolutely nothing else has gone wrong.five years strong.i personally think sony is just about the best,everything i have ever owned of thiers has been top notch.i do see alot of insignia's and vizeo's around now though,i'm sure their decent

Rear projection or front? Front projectors bulbs are usually pricier than that.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
i have a 42in samsung plasma. its awesome and was onsale at best buy for 549

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Had a Panasonic LCD for almost 6 years with zero issues...but I recently upgraded to a 55" Samsung LED 240hz.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Yea I like the new flat screen LEDs. Those are the future for sure. I want to save for the LED projectors though. Those are the really exciting new tech for me.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts

Rear projection or front? Front projectors bulbs are usually pricier than that.
it is in the front.i had a couple of options when i was shopping around.found one locally for 249.99.it was a sony bulb though.i ended up getting a phillips for 118.oo off ebay.when i took the original bulb out it said phillips on it anyway:confused:you got to be careful when buying them off ebay because some of these aftermarket bulbs are only rated to last 6-8 months.some didn't even come in the case

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
No I ment is it a front projector? (I guess not since you mention it is a 50") Those are the little boxes you mount to the ceiling and you project the image on a screen.

The bulbs for those are higher output... don't last as long.

like this.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
i had my pioneer 50 inch plasma for 5 yrs trouble free but thats now in the bedroom and been replaced with the newer 60 inch pioneer plasma also have a 32 inch lg lcd thats very good also and a panasonic 50 hd in the games room wich is also very good so take ur choice

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm limited to getting a 32 inch. A friend has a plasma and an LCD, he says the LCD is way better. I don't recall which brands they are though.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i have a soyo 32" lcd and its awesome

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I have a 32 inch LCD in the bedroom and a 46 in the living room they are both samsung and are great tv's

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thinking about getting a LED T.V. but I'm kinda lost to. It has to be 5x'' or bigger.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
LED TVs came down in price FAST. They were 5 grand for a 10 inch only a year ago!! 10 inches!

I saw a bunch of nice ones 46" and over at Best buy for about 2 grand and under.. BB credit is great... no interest.

EDIT: seems like LED projectors won't be ready for a couple years.... sucks. Laser projectors are even better but seems like they are even farther off.

http://www.photonics.com/Content/ReadArticle.aspx?ArticleID=37195

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
The kids have a 42" polaroid its OK it has remote issues at times other than that its quality has surprised me. I have a 52" LG 1080p 120hz it is awesome especially for the price $1550 the sound isnt that great but I just use my bose all the time so its not an issue.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Vizios are decent if you are looking straight on, I have one in my camper up on a shelf in my bedroom, looking up at it, it is very dark. I have a sharp aquos 52 inch in my living room, paid like 1250 last year from sams. Best deal and great quality, would buy another. My dad just got a philips 52 in from sams for 999.99 but was a single buy at our store.

LCd's are better for bright rooms and plasmas are better in dark rooms.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts