Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Mule Pro FXR out to check trail cameras. After a couple of stops. (changed SD cards in the cameras) it started to run rough, and no power, no throttle response. My first thought was the seat belt, but that was not it, I checked, it was buckled, fully engaged. I shut it off, restarted, same thing. Then I noticed the park brake was "on" 1 click. I thought I disengaged it after the last stop, but must have stopped the lever one click short of disengaged.

So there is a park brake on signal to the "black box" that puts the engine in "limp mode"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine doesn't do this. If the brake is on, it clearly limits the movement, but only because of the brake. I can still gas it hard as I want, and force it forward. One click would drive easy, several clicks is like a wet blanket.

Maybe newer ones? Mine's a 2015.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mines a 2018. It was the first time I did not get the brake all the way off. I should have checked the warning light in the dash. Not the brakes over powering the engine, but the black box limiting it.
I think 2015 was the first year, so I am guessing yours does not have the park brake on "limiter"

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had my Mule Pro FXR out to check trail cameras. After a couple of stops. (changed SD cards in the cameras) it started to run rough, and no power, no throttle response. My first thought was the seat belt, but that was not it, I checked, it was buckled, fully engaged. I shut it off, restarted, same thing. Then I noticed the park brake was "on" 1 click. I thought I disengaged it after the last stop, but must have stopped the lever one click short of disengaged.

So there is a park brake on signal to the "black box" that puts the engine in "limp mode"
Exact same thing happened to me last winter. I knew I took the brake off but was like WTH???? It was literally one click from disengaging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts