Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to create a fund. The economy sucks and many of our brethern have seen some crappy times. Lets start a relief fund that will allow our brothers and their families to participate in making the memories that we will tell our granchildren about.

Logistically I don't know how to do this, but I tink that we can. Maybe a paypal account that allow our brothers to buy "necessary" parts, campsites, or just fuel money so that they can still be part of the family.

I DO NOT MEAN CHARITY!!!!!

Enigma sold me a ton of parts for next to nothing when I wasshort on change and he was blessed. Currently I am blessed and want to pay it back.

This will benefit us all eventually. What comes around goes around.

If KR can figure out how to create this fund, I will start it with 500.00. 10 or 20 here and there from those that have it, would add up really quick.

Again, NOT CHARITY, just a way to have our friends with us.

Let me know what Y'all think.

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Minimus, Why did you delete the thread that said I was a dick. I'm dead serious. So many people on here have done so much for me. Is it a problem for you that I want to repay favors?

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This kinda started because I was watching RPM's 2009 WCG video and I don't want to watch the 2010 without everybody in it, Call me selfish, whatever.

I will if you will, Bring it!!!!!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Badhear what a fpos you are thanks.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
sounds good to me i want to come to the kawie/can am meet up but need $3grand to bring and return me turbo V plus my airfare and accomadation and enough money to bring everyone a crocodile dundee pen souvenier :D

·
Super Moderator
12,615 Posts
I belong to a forum called BassBoatCentral that I believe has something similar. You might check over there to see how it's set up. The section is called "BBC Santa".

·
Registered
711 Posts
I think it is a great idea to help people when you are in a good position to.The only problem I see is how to distribute any money without starting wars.There are people that legitimately need help and there are always people that will take advantage.I don't mean to be a downer.I used to belong to a Harley Owners Group chapter years ago and they are a not for profit organization so they are allowed to carry over to the next year only running expenses.Every year there were arguements over which charities to give to and how much.People would argue for an hour over ten bucks.
Friendships are great and although I have yet to meet anyone in person ,I consider all of you friends.I have learnt a long time ago that friendships can last forever unless money gets involved.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I was thinking that a slush fund would be a good idea to help some of the people that are short in this recesion but I agree that distributing the money could be a MAJOR problem. There has been families torn apart over money so I'm not sure whether it would work or not. Good idea though:D

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
One of these days when I hit the lottery I will return all the help I have got with interest. No joke this is a one of a kind forum with great people.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Not to be a kill joy, but you have to watch out for this. I have lots of experiance in dealing with raising money for charities or usefull causes. The trouble comes when you get enough money in a fund that people outside the organization notice. :cool: There are laws concerning Non Profit entities. Makes for a real pain in the @ss. I held a car show for a friend of mine that had broken his back and was paralized. We raised over $9,000 for him to buy a car and have it equiped with hand controls. The state of WA found out about it and I ended up paying Taxes on it out of my own pocket. :(

The ideal way to do this would be to start a thread and have members either post their needs or members that know about another members needs to post what is needed. JM's quad is a good example of this. Last year at St Anthony we had a memeber of our group that needed some help getting there. With the help of several members, we made it happen. The same could be done this year. :)

Before anything is done though, make sure the help is wanted.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Good point, and well put Rog!

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
remember-no good deed goes unpunished;)

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good points, and I knew tha I didn't know how to put it together. It was just a thought.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT idea, but we just have to figure out how to do it right. A "Fund" just has complications involved with it.

There are issues that if it falls apart, who gets the money? For the record, I will just take it all to keep the fighting down. In fact Badhear, just go ahead and send your $500 to me.:D:lol:

I know where this is coming from, and I will put up $100 if they will accept it. I want them there too.:wub:

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT idea, but we just have to figure out how to do it right. A "Fund" just has complications involved with it.

There are issues that if it falls apart, who gets the money? For the record, I will just take it all to keep the fighting down. In fact Badhear, just go ahead and send your $500 to me.:D:lol:

I know where this is coming from, and I will put up $100 if they will accept it. I want them there too.:wub:
Diddo from the wap fam:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts