Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 05 bf 750. want a high lifter kit and am going with after market rims but wanted to keep stock rims and current 26 mud lites as spares. but i apparently need spacers to run stock rims. what hits or rubs exactly?? pics??

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the exact same question. I'm looking at putting a lift on my 09 650i. Curious as to what lift kit is the best out there. Is it possibly to achieve a lift without wheel spacers in the rear? Let me know if you find out Garrett T

·
Registered
402 Posts
No pics.But........
The Highlifter kit is the best IMO.The Extreme is known to bend,while jumping or wheelies.
Stock tires/rims will rub because the lift puts the shock at a different angle.The spacers move the wheel out and away from the shock.It's not a bad idea to add spacers with a lift.The higher center of gravity,the more tippy your Brute will feel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Be careful adding spacers. My friend had a real bad spill just the other day because of his. He is removing them when we replace his lower a-arm, c/v shaft, and tie rod. He tried going through a rut that was made by atv's with standard track widths. When his front tire bit the sidewall, it stood up on it's nose, dumped him off the side, and threw him clear... thankfully, it landed sideways and didn't roll on top of him. His right front was at 90 degrees while his left front was straight.

Just be careful with spacers. He wants nothing to do with them anymore.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Be careful adding spacers. My friend had a real bad spill just the other day because of his. He is removing them when we replace his lower a-arm, c/v shaft, and tie rod. He tried going through a rut that was made by atv's with standard track widths. When his front tire bit the sidewall, it stood up on it's nose, dumped him off the side, and threw him clear... thankfully, it landed sideways and didn't roll on top of him. His right front was at 90 degrees while his left front was straight.

Just be careful with spacers. He wants nothing to do with them anymore.
Well there ya go bobbigwheel.Maybe xtremedmax's buddy will be ready to sell them to you for a discounted price????

·
Registered
95 Posts
using spacers to run old style rims on new hubs

Has anyone used the spacers on an 08+ brute? Do they fit over/on the centering tabs or do the tabs need to be ground down?

The reason I ask is my High lifters are on 07 factory rims, and that means that I cant swap them back and forth to my 09 brute...The 07 hubs are smaller (they dont use centering tabs)

I emailed a seller on ebay to ask if they fit all years of brutes but he didnt get back to me.

If I grind the tabs off my 09, then I cant run my factory 09 wheels, because they require the tabs for that style rim. Even so the HL rub my gas tank on my 07 so spacers would be nice...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hmm..good question.I know what you're saying about those annoying little tabs.Those are the reason my '05 rims wouldn't work on my '08.Maybe you could call HL and ask them,then purchase the ones on ebay? The bolt pattern on all Brutes are 4/110.I just don't know if they will clear those annoying tabs for sure.There was someone on here this week selling front and rear spacers.Try searching the thread,maybe they can answer it for ya.Good luck.

PS
It may not be a question of will the spacers work on both hubs.But,will a stock rim work with the spacers.You might wanna ask HL that too when you call.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
solved the prob by picking up two front rims and mounting my rear tires on them. hardly any difference to the width and gives me an inch more clearance from the shock and spring. i needed a new rear rim anyway cause the old one was bent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts