Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2018 Kawasaki Mule Pro FX EPS and I got a question about attachments. I just want to add some clearance to the Mule and I’m concerned what items I will need to get.
My end goal will be to eventually get Camso Tracks and from reading Camso’s website, 2 inch lift will be required before installing them.
I read that people add wheel spacers or ball joints, clutch kits or A-Arms or maybe springs, when they change to lift kits. Are any of these items needed to support a lift-kit? I’m looking to get what I need along with the lift, so I don’t damage my rig.
Can anyone recommend a site to purchase them? I see that the price varies from $250 up to $400. Is there a big difference with the more expensive ones?
Any advice for a newbie would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I purchased a 2018 Kawasaki Mule Pro FX EPS and I got a question about attachments. I just want to add some clearance to the Mule and I’m concerned what items I will need to get.
My end goal will be to eventually get Camso Tracks and from reading Camso’s website, 2 inch lift will be required before installing them.
I read that people add wheel spacers or ball joints, clutch kits or A-Arms or maybe springs, when they change to lift kits. Are any of these items needed to support a lift-kit? I’m looking to get what I need along with the lift, so I don’t damage my rig.
Can anyone recommend a site to purchase them? I see that the price varies from $250 up to $400. Is there a big difference with the more expensive ones?
Any advice for a newbie would be appreciated! Thanks!
I would go with the highlifter lift,i did .IMO it is the best one.I went with 1" wheel spacers.I dont know if you need spacers with tracks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Put a 2" highlifter on my 19 pro fxt ranch which lifted it about 3 3/4 inch total and I'm impressed.
I won't be adding spacers because of some tight and narrow places between big rocks where we sometimes ride in Lake Havasu, AZ area. spacers might look better but narrow will get thru tighter places and save on tires in the long run. You will have plenty of clearance and won't need to add other things, I would try that first and add things later if you want to.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Savin' - I used these spacers with my Highlifter kit. I really like them, but I did notice that the studs can get a little rust on the ends if re-using your stock open-faced lugnuts. I believe I went 1" spacer on front and 1.5" on back, which the front wheels now currently only stick out 1/4-1/2" wider than before I installed the lift. I may decide to get the 2" for the rear and move the 1.5" to the front now, since I prefer a wider stance.

Below are some pics of the spacers being installed. I will see if I have pics of the stance after install to show the resulting wheel/tire width with the spacers. Hope it helps.

https://www.sidebysidestuff.com/billet-wheel-spacers-kawasaki-mule-pro-fxt.html?utm_source=bingshopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=billet-wheel-spacers-kawasaki-mule-pro-fxt&utm_campaign=cse&msclkid=603bbd37d4951f2ae330e1989d7e60a7&utm_content=Brands

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also used the Highlifter 2" kit, and measurements before and after showed a 3.75" increase in body height. The 2" is the distance that they move the shock mount point outboard. Raising the body of course does not raise the axles or differentials; that can only be achieved with larger wheels and tires, but a 2" larger wheel only raises the vehicle 1".

·
Registered
76 Posts
Savin' - I used these spacers with my Highlifter kit. I really like them, but I did notice that the studs can get a little rust on the ends if re-using your stock open-faced lugnuts. I believe I went 1" spacer on front and 1.5" on back, which the front wheels now currently only stick out 1/4-1/2" wider than before I installed the lift. I may decide to get the 2" for the rear and move the 1.5" to the front now, since I prefer a wider stance.

Below are some pics of the spacers being installed. I will see if I have pics of the stance after install to show the resulting wheel/tire width with the spacers. Hope it helps.

https://www.sidebysidestuff.com/billet-wheel-spacers-kawasaki-mule-pro-fxt.html?utm_source=bingshopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=billet-wheel-spacers-kawasaki-mule-pro-fxt&utm_campaign=cse&msclkid=603bbd37d4951f2ae330e1989d7e60a7&utm_content=Brands

So did these come with the proper lug nuts, or did you have to buy some? I still have factory wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
The spacers come with open-faced nuts to bolt onto your existing hub. Then I just mounted the tires reusing the factory nuts that came with the mule (or vise versa, I don't remember right at this moment). Either way, none of the nuts are a closed lug nut, which means that the stud ends on the spacers that the wheels bolt onto will have a little rust forming if you don't treat them with something. I just put anti-seize on them for the time being. Probably best to get a set of enclosed lug nuts.

I also reused the factory wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts