Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had one of these HID's on the V and it was plenty---Way better than stock---But that was only drawing 35 amps---So I decided to put 2 of em on---Just got in from a night ride and wow---It's unbelievable how good this worked---What I did was take an old beater hood---Rigged up the lights on the hood---So in less than a minute I can change hoods, ( it's totally plug and play )---That way I can preserve them from all the bumps during the day---Here's a pic

This was with 1 HID and 2 extra small lights

Here's with the 2 HID's--They are Euro---Flood/Spot combo

Just a pic from the other side

By the way---If you really love those little fender lights---I can make them available:p

Kenny

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I bet that does light up the desert Kenny. How much did it cost for the set up and where did you find them?

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
hate the fender lights..

I dig the other ones though..Looks kinda like an old Warrior.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
yeah i like the high mounts as well, very baja cool lookin! i wanted to mount some on either the bars or front bumper. but i do no night riding, no where too around here

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hate the fender lights..

I dig the other ones though..Looks kinda like an old Warrior.
Hate is such a strong word---Give me your addy and maybe I'll let ya have em for XMAS:clap::clap:

Kenny

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bet that does light up the desert Kenny. How much did it cost for the set up and where did you find them?
An old beater hood---A few dollars at hardware store---The lights I got at Kragen/O'Reilly---I paid $99 for one and $109 for the other---They go on sale off and on. Yeah they light up the park for sure.

When I get time I'll put up a step by step in the Mods section---It does look nice---But really doesn't matter as it's only used at night--That's why I used an old hood.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
glad you removed the ones on the fenders!! hehehe!!!

here is what I know!!

stock light for stock lights, only one that I ever saw that was better the the V, and those were the lights on the Polaris Scrambler, IMO only couz they were mounted hight up like what you have done!!

now the mounting of those HIDs high up, I can only imagine how well they must work!!

then if you find a way of mounting them on the handlebars, then when you turn, so will the lights keep pointing where you are going!

look great!!:D

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
glad you removed the ones on the fenders!! hehehe!!!

Hmmm---Let me have your addy too---I think I might be able to get ahold of another set for you:p:p

These HID's are too heavy, bulky for the handlebars---Plus they give so much light doen't matter where you point the bars---Your covered

Kenny

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys are missing the point----Appearance doesn't matter here--They're used at night time only, (it's dark).

The point is not having to trash your expensive lights with rough daytime riding----They're built into a separate hood which is used only at night----Totally plug and play and change out time is 1 minute.

Kenny

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I agree with you Kenny. I think it was a great idea to mount them on an old hood where it can be interchangable. I figured that with that much light out in front of you and to the sides too, you wouldn't need them mounted to the bars. GREAT JOB.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thats an awesome idea for about $250 bucks plus you can take it on and off in a minute or so!!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I like the lights nice job. I only need one little red light on the back of my flattracker V so the guy in second place knowes were to go.

·
Registered
197 Posts
nice concept i like it!
i like the fender lights also where did you get those and how did you mount them?
pics :]

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
nice concept i like it!
i like the fender lights also where did you get those and how did you mount them?
pics :]

Hmm---Sparks NV---Maybe the booze from Vegas has gotten in your water system:p---Actually I picked them up at WallyWorld---I painted them gloss black and added chroming vinyl--They are 55w Halogens--Drilled 1/2" hole and smaller one behind it for wires---Small piece of black electric tape over both holes, cut a slit in tape---Put light and wires down through holes---Got wing nuts to tighten from underneath---Best to get an extra set of stock wires from light to power---That way they are plug and play---And you can use either those or stock--Takes seconds to unplug one and plug the other in.

See you fender light haters---Someone actually likes em:clap::clap:

Kenny

·
Registered
197 Posts
they are nice something new!
but how did you mount them on the plasics?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
197 Posts
gott it sorry i didnt read it before haha
they look good though, do they wobble around a lot?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gott it sorry i didnt read it before haha
they look good though, do they wobble around a lot?
That's a good question---I thought for sure they would---I put a small strip of stick on window insulation on the bottom of each and a large flat washer, lock washer and wing nut underneath--I was shocked at how those little suckers held--Never had to tighten that wing nut again--And they took a beating on some rough trails, through the ruts at the dunes, even ran into a riveen about 6' deep at about 40mph---Thing is though I never used them--Never fired them up as I went to the one HID instead---Just left them on the fenders cause so many people with GOOD TASTE:p liked em.

Kenny

1 - 20 of 22 Posts