Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 2005 Kawasaki Prarie 360. Okay so after not riding the bike for about a month I took it out and the 4wd light suddenly started blinking a second on a second off. The quad would stall while not in neutral when u came to a stand still, 4wd would not activate either. So I rode it home and left it in the garage (I only live down the street). The bike would start up in neutral fine and idle normally but when u put it into gear it would push itself forward or backward(in reverse) with quite a bit of speed without even touching the throttle. The next day I took the belt case off and unplugged the belt light connection and the kebc connection and ran the bike and IT DIDNT push itself forward in gear or stall in gear at stand still and the bike ran like it was supposed to BUT STILL NO 4wd and the light wasn’t flashing anymore but now the belt light flashing quickly (obviously because I ran it without the electronics connected). I took apart the ebc actuator and the 4wd actuator and completely cleaned them both and greased the gears. When I put it back together it put itself into limp mode(check belt light blinking rapidly) and it has the rev limiter and no 4wd. I have done all the reset procedures for limp mode as well as flipping the switch to off and it still will not go out of limp mode. Sorry for the massive paragraph but this thing had two different issues and I think they may be linked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
12,576 Posts
The motor for the KEBS is indexed. If you didn't put it back together the way it came apart, it won't work right, but that shouldn't make it go into limp mode.
Does the engine brake motor do it's normal "searching and resetting" when you turn the key on and off?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know its indexed I made a knotch so I would get it back to the same spot. Yes it does do the “searching and resetting”

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It also drives fine now other than the fact that it’s in limp mode. Not sure if I included that in the original post.

·
Super Moderator
12,576 Posts
The original post showed that the KEBS was in the "on" position (engine braking on) when it should have been "off" because you were stopped; that's why it was creeping. Perhaps the controller under the seat has failed. Keep in mind that the 360's are known for beating themselves to death, which causes sticking.

·
Super Moderator
12,576 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts