Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been searching and searching for my problem all over this forum, but only certain things seem to be in common with it. I've seen that an ATV can be stuck in LIMP mode, but my belt light isn't on. It feels like it has the same rpms in LOW as HIGH. The engine feels to be pushing the same power on the same amount of throttle. So 1/2 throttle in HIGH feels the same as 1/2 throttle in LOW. I got it out the shop a month ago, and I can definitely feel a power/speed loss.

*It is a 2006 BruteForce 650 4x4 straight axle*

The Atv was in the shop because it seemed to be running Rich, backfiring and Trouble cranking.

Now, it seems to be lean, running rough at low throttle/speed, then when throttle is applied more, it runs good.

Any suggestions?

*it used to go 59mph (according to screen) with 27" and 29" tires. now, only 44mph same tires.*

*also, had not trouble going through mud/ tearing up trails, now, hardly gets through the thick stuff and doesn't throw dirt.*

·
Registered
120 Posts
might want to check to see if the plungers for the choke inside the carb are sticking or corroded.

·
Registered
120 Posts
High and low would not make much of a difference. If the plungers are stuck than if can cause the bike to feel like it is running rich. One way to check is to ride it(after it warms up) with the choke on and then ride it with the choke off. There should be a difference in the feel when the choke is on and when it is off. If not then I would say they are stuck in the "on" position

·
Super Moderator
12,550 Posts
The clues are all over the place.
Take it back to where it was "fixed".

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The clues are all over the place.
Take it back to where it was "fixed".
We've decided to sell it and everything else in the garage and buy a new fourwheeler or sidexside, any recommendations?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts