Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is meant to be a general list of DIY bolt on mods that we would recommend for all newbies starting to mod their stock V Forces. I need your help here by posting additional info, pics and links etc---I'll keep checking back and editing and adding some of the stuff you have provided---Once it's pretty solid we can offer it as a sticky for newbies that all of us can refer them to---Then they can post questions in regard to what they don't understand or need help with---Thanks

1. Change the stock primary spring---EPI pink is a great spring to start with---
Kawasaki KFX 700 V-Force Page

2. Choosing a good set of after market pipes---Either duals or a 2in1---Some examples---Yoshimura, HMF, Pro Circuit, LTE, Muzzy---These are all known to work well on the V.

3. Open the air flow---12 hole mod is most common and requires drilling 12 -1" holes in the sides of the air filter box lid---also need to block off the stock snorkel and cut out the plastic dam/wall in front of it.

4. Change the stock air filter to a Twin Air Power Flow Kit---This one breathes from the top as well as the sides.

5. With the above air in and air out increased you'll need to increase the fuel also by changing the main jets to larger sizes---the best place to start would be front 180 andrear 182---The rear typically runs hotter than the front and needs a larger size.

6. You have air/fuel adjustment screws just below the bowls where you put the main jets in---You want to screw them in all the way clockwise and then screw them out 2 1/2 turns counterclockwise.

7. Now you want to go to the other side of the carbs and put a shim on each needle----http://web.archive.org/web/20100915091833/http://700v.com/needles.htm--While you are in there you want to polish the slides and cut 1/2-3/4" off the spring in there---When reassembling put the cut side of spring to the black cap.

8. Spark plug boot mod---Remove the spark plug wires from the coils---They screw off counter clockwise---Save the rubber boot from coil end---Get some auto wires from auto parts---Use their boot for the spark plug end---Slip on coil boots on the other end and install in coil by screwing it on clockwise.

9. The majority of you will have picked up used V's and many of them will have duals on them---Or if you buy used duals you'll need to take em apart and replace the packings inside the mufflers---They are self explanatory--Just replace as you took them out---DON'T just stick used cans on and assume it's ok.

10. Also with the used machines there is no way to be sure how many hours are on them since the valves were adjusted---Go ahead and adjust them---http://www.700v.com/valves.htm---This way you'll be sure they are not too tight---The factory allowance is intake .004-.006" and exhaust .008-.010---So a real safe setting would be .005 and .009.

11. Apparently 700v.com has been taken down and the archive to it is here---HERE
Kawasaki KFX 700 V-Force Page

There are several more power adders that will cost somewhat more but are well worth it---One is after market suspension and stabilizer---With it you can move over rough terrain much faster than with stock---Clutch work is very common---Putting a cross over tube between the intakes adds hp---Adding a 4* or 6* timing advance key---All this and more can be done without goung into the engine---And all of it can be done by yourself with the help of the guys on here---With the clutch and timing dgree key you'll need separate pullers.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where do you get the free exhaust?
From badhear:p:p--But that's good as I need help with the mustakes I've made and will make also--Thanks

Kenny

·
Registered
389 Posts
you forgot the 02 stacks!

·
Premium Member
757 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Cross overs:tup:

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
How borring:mad:

meat head!!

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
There are a few folks that made their own cross overs though.;)

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
That is so true.

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kenny that's a good list. I would add the 6* key mod in there since it's so cheap to do.
Thanks Speed---But that's a little too advanced for the Newbie---That would be after they get more confidence I think---Shoot---That one still scares me,

Kenny

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You guys forgot to mention switching to spark plug fluid to synthetic. Thats good for 10 hp by itself.
Or we could take the meds you haven't been taking and melt them down and use that:p:p

Kenny

1 - 20 of 41 Posts