Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am preparing to pull my 700 down for its yearly maintance and upgrades and I have a few questions about finding parts. This year I am rebuilding my front suspension, I already have a pile of parts waiting to go on, but I am having problems securing some needed parts.

First of all I need some tie rods, I already have a new set of HD tie rod ends but I would like some beefier tie rods to go along with them. All I can find on EBay are complete kits. Does anyone on here sell just the rods?

Second I have been having problems finding A-arm pivot bearings. Motosport is the only place I can find them but they are $38.99 an a-arm, almost $160.00 to replace them all. I was hoping for something a little more reasonable.

Last I would like to get a Carbon Fiber gas tank shield, to replace my bent-up stock tin one. Also a set of Carbon Fiber shock shields for an Elka front suspension

So far I haven't had much luck finding what I am looking for. If anyone has any ideas or can steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am preparing to pull my 700 down for its yearly maintance and upgrades and I have a few questions about finding parts. This year I am rebuilding my front suspension, I already have a pile of parts waiting to go on, but I am having problems securing some needed parts.

First of all I need some tie rods, I already have a new set of HD tie rod ends but I would like some beefier tie rods to go along with them. All I can find on EBay are complete kits. Does anyone on here sell just the rods?

Second I have been having problems finding A-arm pivot bearings. Motosport is the only place I can find them but they are $38.99 an a-arm, almost $160.00 to replace them all. I was hoping for something a little more reasonable.

Last I would like to get a Carbon Fiber gas tank shield, to replace my bent-up stock tin one. Also a set of Carbon Fiber shock shields for an Elka front suspension

So far I haven't had much luck finding what I am looking for. If anyone has any ideas or can steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
As far as the tie rods, check out atvtrickstuff.com or you could PM him on here, his screen name is venforcer. He will have the HD tie rods.

Fombell, PA huh? Do you know Jeremy Rice?

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys i will start looking.

Ya i know Jeremy, he lives right down the road from me, i would like to say i ride with him but usually i only see him when he is passing me. For some reason Fombell is the home of a lot of great riders, we have more than a few pro riders around here. Must be something in the water..........appearently i need to drink more of it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Camo, I have already made all the changes to my motor that I wanted to make for now. Though I did see your oil pressure gauge in another thread and I must admit that is sweet as hell. Right now I get all the info I need from my motor with my TrailTech but after seeing your machine I might like to add the oil pressure gauge.

This off-season is about keeping the beast in top running form, I don't have the money for much else.

Riding in Pa. offers all kinds of fun types of trails and tracks. Unfortunately it also means that suspension parts can take a real thrashing. I decided to devote what little money I have to rebuilding the entire suspension this off-season. And even that my break the bank.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Save yourself some money and have the stock rear shock "re-worked". If setup correctly, they work pretty well and lower ride height.

As far as the fronts, aftermarket shocks will make a world of difference but don't come cheap.

Where do you typically ride? Maybe we'll have to meet up sometime. We can bring that "slow punk" Jeremy along as well:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already have remote rezzie Elka's up front, i still need to do something about the rear, mabey ill stop down and see the guys at Pro Action and see what they can do for me.

I have some friends with property up near Eau Claire, we ride up there and over at Mines and Medows, we also ride at Wellsville and Powerline Park in Ohio when we get the chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts