Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off hello I am obviously new here . I am dabbling in my first Kawasaki atv coming from Yamaha’s . I have a 2018 bf 750 eps that I bought new a year or so ago and the thing has never run right it randomly goes into high idle enough that it moves on its own and grind between shifts when it idles up. After doing a bit of digging I noticed the front plug looks a bit lean and the back one looks black ( I changed the plugs a while back just to eliminate that and same thing) I did a compression and got 65 on the back cylinder and 61 on the front. All the connections look good I tested the iac and it checked out (dealership replaced it anyway) . When the quad is cold it kind of stumbles a bit to on acceleration. The colder it is outside the worst it is ( we’re in Alberta so it gets pretty cold) the quad is dead stock except for hand warmers , has 340km and 50 hrs on it . I use it mostly for plowing snow and it got a bunch of hours at the dealer trying to sort it out. The dealer and Kawasaki are absolute deadbeats on the issue and said pretty much it is what it is. Looking for some direction and what I should be looking at here to possibly sort the issue out without shooting the parts cannon at it. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I think I found the problem or at least a problem. Looks like one injector is 70% blocked and the other is about 10%. So the plan is to back flush the injectors and then check the spray pattern when I am done. See how it goes anyway. I did check them with an ohmmeter and they check out fine but I’ll give this a go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I’ll post the answer here just as a FYI and maybe someone searching the internet with a similar issue , mabey it can help someone. I pulled the injectors and cleaned them with carb cleaner and cycled them with a 9v battery/ test leads. Cleaned both directions of flow till the spray pattern looked right. Put everything back together and it runs fantastic. I’ll see if I can post few pictures of what I had rigged up for cleaning the injectors, it’s pretty crude but worked great. I’ll post a picture of the plugs and injectors to for reference.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I wonder if the gas tank vent is letting in dirt ?
I have a hard time believing that the gas stations people are using to fill up their machines have so much crud in the fuel that these machines are clogging up tank fuel screens and killing fuel pumps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well a guy is filling up out of gas cans to . What came out was like like a sluge and a few noticeable pieces of dirt. It was like it since day one so imagine it sat in a sea can at the dealer for about 1 1/2 years before I bought it. Probably got ran when it was delivered then sat till I got it .

·
Registered
569 Posts
Glad you got it sorted out. Very creative on the injector cleaner setup! Whatever works! My old brute has carbs so if she starts running crappy, I pull out the carbs and slap in a rebuilt set of carbs as I have 2 sets. Rebuild the one thats giving me grief and have it sitting on the shelf for the next time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, strange it would cause all those issues but the ecu must have been trying to compensate for it. It idles right where it supposed to now before it was like 800rpm high

·
Super Moderator
12,576 Posts
Good troubleshooting job!

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Thanks, strange it would cause all those issues but the ecu must have been trying to compensate for it. It idles right where it supposed to now before it was like 800rpm high
Are you Firebird400 on YT?

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Yes sir, I take it you follow chad outdoors to .
Just pop in from time to time to see how his Brute is holding up.😉

1 - 12 of 12 Posts