Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a Teryx for hunting, to exercise my dogs, and for play on the trails. Which one should I get? 09 or 10 The 09 sport are going for mid 9k in my area, and look better than the 2010, and what are the cost of maintance for the first 100 hrs. It seems like the belts don't hold up very well. Would John's clutch mods help? Should I get the extended warr., if so how long? I want to use it on the Hatfield Mccoy trails in W. Va. in the near future.
Thanks

·
Registered
565 Posts
Get Vforce John Clutch work or a Dalton clutch kit. Run it in low in deep mud or hills and belts last a long time with a little common sense.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'd get the dealerships to give "Out The Door" prices on both models. Shop around too. Tell them that you are going to buy the one that has the best out the door price. That lets them know you are not fooling around with all of the hidden B/S that can be hidden into the price. Also it would be smart to find out if any clutch work may negate any or all warranties !!! I don't know, but I would ask if you are going to have it done. Also with the market being as tight as it is ask for extras too, helmets, jerseys, aftermarket stuff for the side-by-side. Don't go crazy, pick something and ask. Maybe the Bike Shop has it's own T-shirts for advertisements they might be willing to throw in a couple. Just a thought !!!

Good luck,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was also thinking about this one, but I had some dispute with friends who tried to convince me that Honda 2009 TRX400X would be a better choice. Any pros in favour of Teryx?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Teryx is alot different than a 400ex.

I have a Teryx and I haven't even ridden the quads since I got it.

my clutch won't necessarily void the warranty. I'd be damned if the dealer could ever tell that anything was even done to it.

they are very reliable and really only have belt problems when you run larger tires or do something stupid with them like pulling super heavy loads, pussy footing it up hills in high range, or line locking to spin the tires.

I'd go with the 10 just for the better FI setup and the flip up hood. but they all really do the same thing 08-10

john

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

my clutch won't necessarily void the warranty. I'd be damned if the dealer could ever tell that anything was even done to it.

they are very reliable and really only have belt problems when you run larger tires or do something stupid with them like pulling super heavy loads, pussy footing it up hills in high range, or line locking to spin the tires.

I'd go with the 10 just for the better FI setup and the flip up hood. but they all really do the same thing 08-10

john
Do you miss riding the atv's? I have ridden with you with yours. I must say most of the times John keeps up just can't always get between some trees but that is only when your on tight trails. Hardly ever where we ride. I agree with the EFI ones!!!

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts

john
Do you miss riding the atv's? I have ridden with you with yours. I must say most of the times John keeps up just can't always get between some trees but that is only when your on tight trails. Hardly ever where we ride. I agree with the EFI ones!!!
I ride so many atv's from working on them or dynoing them I really get my fill. i'm usually on one 5 days a week doing somehthing or other. It has it 's perks, you always get a good running atv (usually with alot more hp than stock) to take for a good rip.

And, Yes... I know what happens when we have to back down those tight trails. (you have to learn not to floor it in reverse. :lol: ) The Teryx is alot faster now. When it gets nice out I'll have another ride in the spring. Just keep your's all in one piece until then.

John

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a Teryx for hunting, to exercise my dogs, and for play on the trails. Which one should I get? 09 or 10 The 09 sport are going for mid 9k in my area, and look better than the 2010, and what are the cost of maintance for the first 100 hrs. It seems like the belts don't hold up very well. Would John's clutch mods help? Should I get the extended warr., if so how long? I want to use it on the Hatfield Mccoy trails in W. Va. in the near future.
Thanks
If you need help planning a trip to the HM Trails, give us a call. We live in the heart of the trails in Gilbert, WV. We would be happy to help you.

Lisa and Marty

304 784-RIDE (7433)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts