Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I've read hundreds of threads on this site and I know that most of you are pretty savvy with these machines, and I get most of my info here, but now I have a question to ask. I have a 2007 KFX 700 that I just did a bunch of work on, which I should have done little by little but I did it all at the same time :mad: Here's a list of everything I did: Spark plug boot mod, homemade crossover intake, drilled mains out 5/64", size 42 pilot jets, 1 #4 washer on both needles, polished slides, cut 1 coil from springs, 12 hole mod, K&N air filter, and a Muzzy Super Pro full exhaust (Thanks John). Both mixture screws are 3 turns out. The bike still has a completely stock motor. I also got a set of 24" 9 paddle extremes on ITP 10's, but that's irrelevant to my situation.

When I hit the throttle all the way, no matter what my speed is, I can only get to about what feels like half throttle and sometimes it pops a little through the intake. In order to get the bike to full throttle, I have to slowly push the throttle lever and even then it only works about half the time. It seems to idle fine and revs great in neutral. If someone can help me out I would really appreciate it. Any suggestions? Also, I already messed with the mixture screws so they're not the problem, and a local mechanic told me that the screws only effect the idle anyways.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Re check everything in the carbs as well as the connections. Make sure the diaphragm is seated and still has the little rice jet in it. Look at the diaphragm and make sure it not torn as well. Make sure the chokes are not sticking. I ran 3/32 jets when My bike was setup similar to yours, but still ran well with 5/64's.

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
Put a second washer on the needles, check to be sure that the new boots are screwed properly to wires, make sure that the slides move freely when you push them open with your finger.
Are you driving it with the airbox lid on? The slides won't fully open when you're revving it in neutral; they will just flutter.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
X over may have a leak. Slide diaphrams might not be seated. The air jets may have fell out. They are very small happened to me once few years ago

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for your help. I moved the slides with my finger and they made different noises and I could hear the spring catching in the front carb. I stripped a screw and got it out with some mini vice grips and took the slides out and the diaphragms weren't quite seated around the top edges. The spring on the front one was kinked so I cut a little more off of them and put the uncut part on the outside cover. I also couldn't see through the little jets in the diaphragms so I cleaned them out. I put everything back together and they both slide all the way out now. The bike runs perfect. Revs way higher than I expected and it's hard to hang on and keep the front end down :eek:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yeahya!

Good deal

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
Good job!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts