Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems like until 1/4 throttle it wants to run on one cylinder. i just did the cross over mod. have 12 mod and twin air big air kit and exhaust. #42 pilots and dyno jet needles on 4th clip. it idles ruff and low speed riding u can hear it running ruff. i have adjusted the air screws but it makes it hesitate off idle and the ruffness is still there. anyone have a suggestion for me?

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
Sounds like its too lean. The cross-over pipe mod (aka UPP intakes or MS mod) usually requires you to change the main jets (go richer)...try drilling out the main jets to 5/64ths and see if that stops the low-end bog problem.

Funny idle (harley davidson sound) is normal for the MS mod.

Happy trials...:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 195 mains in it already. like i said seems like only one cylinder but i remove rear plug wire and the idle change so i no it is firing. just didnt know if that was the correct sound or not and it doesnt clear up for about 1000 rpms.

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
As I recall, it definitely sounds different at idle with the MS mod/cross-over intake mod. It sounded like a harley to me...definitely not as smooth sounding as stock intakes.

Don't be surprised if you need to go up on the main jets to 5/64ths or 3/32nds drilled jets...that is common with this mod in order to eliminate the low-speed bog.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it dont bog at all. just the ruff running just off idle when u throttle really slow in nuetral. and on very little throttle on decel. full off on decel she purrs and 1/4 to full nice and smooth. it pulls up to 85mph so the top end has to be real close.

·
Registered
375 Posts
As I recall, it definitely sounds different at idle with the MS mod/cross-over intake mod. It sounded like a harley to me...definitely not as smooth sounding as stock intakes.

Don't be surprised if you need to go up on the main jets to 5/64ths or 3/32nds drilled jets...that is common with this mod in order to eliminate the low-speed bog.
You should NEVER drill jets. The accompanying burrs may cause the jet to flow to a LESSER degree than it was stock. Always replace..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts