Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive done a search and couldnt find what i was looking for! Ive been a lurker for awhile but just signed up and need yalls expert advice!

I have an 08 Brute SRA and the front lower boot on the front a-arm was destroyed by a huge stick. Im trying to replace the boot and having a little trouble. I disconnected the a-arm from the frame and removed the cotter pin and nut that connect the wheel setup to said a-frame. Here is where to problem is as i cant seem to see or figure out how to disconnect the two pieces to get to boot. The dealership here couldnt or wouldnt help me and i prefer not to damage anything by trying to disassemble it!

Is it even possible to replace boot? Any recommendations on better aftermarket boots to replace? Im open to all your suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you want to follow the write up i did for the rear of an irs one the fronts pretty much the same other then i'm sure removing the tie rod end will make getting the knuckle off easier. All the outer boots are the same and all the inner boots are the same but different from each other. It may also help to find the shop manual, i know the 750 ones been posted here many times and the front should be the same on the 650. The front removal is on page 12-26 when you find it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here is my problem!

this is the boot that im trying to replace! i dont know if i can replace this one boot or if ill need to buy the whole setup? any help would be appreciated (the boot just above the a-arm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is what im thinking but hoping that there is a way! might be spending some 170 at dealership manana if i have to! anyone know of a way to protect this particular boot so this wont happen again?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks jake......the dealership opens in a few and if they have it ill go pick it up! i really dont have the time to wait for shipping and need the bike back together today!...and i would hate to put it back together just to take it all back apart once the part arrives! thanks again and thanks once again wisconsin! yall people are why forums are around and i hope that soon ill be able to help others out the way yall have helped me!

·
Registered
787 Posts
And you don't need a joint fork. Just needle-nose pliers, 14mm socket or wrench, circlip pliers, and a hammer.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Were you able to just beat the ball joint out of the a-arm with a hammer? Glad you got it, dealers suck!
These aren't as bad as vehicles. After you get the circlip off, they will come out rather easy with a hammer.

And my dealer is pretty good. Can't speak for others.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts