Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..I'm gonna cheap out and cut my own lowering kit.

But looking at these, I am wondering if they will pivot on me...If I jump or do some hard trail riding.

Or will the angle of the shocks keep them all the way down?

Hope my attached picture clears up what I'm asking...:cool:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have basically the same setup..mine have holes drilled in them to screw into the tubing on the a arm but I have never needed to do it. I've jumped plenty and no problems. The only time they separate from the a arm is when you pick it up and set it on its ass to do some work or something. Even then you have to make it separate.

Ya just need to keep an eye on and check the nuts before every ride...even with locking nuts I have lost 2. and the bolt for the shock will work its way out pretty quick.

·
Registered
176 Posts
the ones on ebay, i think there alluminum? do they pivot? and what about the back? also what will this accomplish?

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
The CRJ ones on ebay fit inside the shock mounts on the a-arm and sit flat on the a-arm and cannot move. I would add a bolt or two into the a-arm just for safety. You could also make up new ones that are longer on the back - that way they couldn't pivot. BTW, it's not "cheap" to make it yourself, it's "custom" :lol:.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts

But looking at these, I am wondering if they will pivot on me...If I jump or do some hard trail riding.

So according to the pic---You are moving the bottom of the shock over about 2-3" to the outside---And that is what lowers the front end??--Is that just for appearance??

Kenny

·
Registered
176 Posts
yea i think i may CUSTOM make mine hahaha does anyone have measurements? that way i could just go off that and what metal? steel aluminum?

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would use steel..

·
Registered
176 Posts
i just ordered the lowering kit off ebay! couldnt wait! also how do i make the rear! well i know how but what are the measurments? pics would be helpfull

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts

should have told me... I got a set sitting here on the shelf.

·
Registered
176 Posts
wish i would have known what do u want for them i still need the rear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts