Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wanna try one, but not at the dealership, I wanna see what it's like on the trail. I'll bet it hauls, although it probably won't handle like the Z/KFX400's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i want to try one also. i think it is going to be a great sand machine for drags, but probably to heavy and bulky to rip on trails, but it will be fun to climb with.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shouldn't be hard as the Z's ain't anything special in the handling department. I think a Z outhandles an EX. I bet after 2 or 3 thousand dollars...they'd be handling super.

Sure Honda based the EX frame on a R frame...but....they had to accomadate for the larger head of the bigger four stroke motor. That's why todays four strokes are so much "higher" than quadracers and R's. Too bad they can tip the motors a little more and get todays quads sitting lower again..like the quadracers and R's. Handling would be SOOOOO much better out of the box.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A dealer here in the Houston area says he will have 6 of them in January. Actually he will have 5, I have already got my cash down for the first orange one he gets. He said he rode one at a dealer convention and said it is awesome.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not sure about the gearing. I think it comes with 22" or 23" ITP holeshot tires. I have heard about the dual exhaust but I think it is aftermarket.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The V-Force 700 is due to be released in March of 2003 as a 2004 model, according to Kawasaki. I would be quite surprised to see any before that. As for the gearing, it is belt drive with a CVT (continuously variable transmission) like on the 650 Prairie. It's supposed to be the fastest production quad ever. I bet it really rips. :shock:

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
This quad was built and is being marketed as a cross country GNCC Racer. It is designed to be ridden in the Woods as well as being able to do Over 80mph (Top speed reported to be 80 to 84mph), on the open flat sections.

I have heard that they will eventually offer a Dual Exhaust system, but I have a feeling that by the time they get around to it, several of the after market companies will already have their systems availible. The KFX700 is said to come from the factory with the dual exhaust mounting already built into the frame.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts