Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive seen this cat around and my old shop cat had a heart attack or something 6 mos ago and was walking accross the shop floor let out a screach and fell over I sure liked that cat as he was a refugee and could whip a medium dog.

This one is a ferrel cat and had been living under the well house and has had to go on its own since barely weened as I seen some dead kittens last fall down in the storage barn and they were small and the mother was hit on the road and they died I did not know they existed or this would not have happened.

Well I seen this thing a couple times and it acted like a wombat when suprised would flair up and just freak out getting the hell out of dodge and make all kinds of racket.

There were no mice this winter and it seemed too paranoid to accept cat food .
It has took me two weeks two get this thing on my side and its rough it rams you with its head like a bull and will have to learn not too bite and rip jeans and shirts it has had no upbringing and is more like a **** but its coming around and I really like this one.
It has had it rough and you would think if it got used to one human it would want others attention....no way it will rip a stranger up.

And about did to my girlfriend and she said I was mean to it(grabbed it off my lap:mad:)...not the case this thing is next to a wild animal as it gets and its got the good life now it loves me and the shop...cant wait for offspring off this one there will be no rodents for a half mile...B)

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Got yourself some wild pussy Jim? :lol:

I'm no expert is feline but from watching my cats they all head butt each other as it seems to be their way of saying hello.

When I first moved in she had a couple "wild ones" living in the garage. They never did take to anyone. She'd bring down wet food in the morning and always leave dry food out just like she did to the ones living up here in the house with us.

If you'd sit quietly in the garage you'd get a chance to see 'em but not for long. Even though we had a pet door downstairs so the house ones could get to their litter box, the "wild ones" never ventured beyond the bottom of the stairs and came up. They would howl though, and thats the only reason you'd know they came through that door.

They're gone now I don't think they liked it when I cleaned, insulated, sheet rocked, and started putting the trucks inside. Too bad to because now it's heated, and think they'd a like it better.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are definitly different when raised with no human contact...I dont know how this one made it on its own from so young though but its a tough sob...jh

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I used to work at a hydroelectric plant and they had tons of wild cats. Let me tell ya they could fish better then the bald eagles. You couldn't pet them but it was sure fun watching them hunt.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Betty and I have tamed a few ferrel cats.
They never loose the wild side.
And
Can turn on you in a second.
You have to watch your step and move slowly.
OR they will go for your leg.

Once they print on you--They are just like dogs--your best buddy

Good deal jim--Looks like a champion mouser.:cool:

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Very Cool Jim!!! Congrats on the new addition.:D

My Wife and I are the local stray cat magnets. We have more cats than I will addmit on here. It has gotten to the point that even my neighbors cat lives on my back deck. He was real sick here a while back and we nursed him back to health. I have even gone so far as to, build a Cat Box with 3 sleeping areas that include heating pads during the winter. It is kind of cool, the cats that aren't feeling well will show up, stay around, eat food regularly, stay warm, get healed up and go on there way once they feel better. Most of the ferrel cats get to the point that I can pet them and some have even got to the point that they come running just to get petted.

We get them fixed when we can and get them vet care if they need it and will let us. We're pretty sure that all the neighbors think we are nuts, but that is OK with us.

This is my Best Buddy. His name is Big Guy. Because he's a Big fellow. :D

This my Wife's Favorite. We almost lost him a while back. But for the price of a good used car, he is all better. He is part Mancoon. If you don't know what that means, it means he is Big and has very unique manerisms. A pure bread Mancoon can get as big as a medium size dog. I gotta addmit, he is one beautiful, cool cat.

This ones for Camo. Say Hi to Duner. :p:lol: This little guy was so sick when he first showed up at our door, that he couldn't even jump up on your lap. We didn't think he would make it. Now, we couldn't imagine life without him. He is definately one of a kind. If you met him, you would know what I mean. :lol:

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Hey Duner! Buddy!

I had 5 cats last summer. One took off cause we didn't cut his balls off soon enough. My wife watched a coyote walk off with my beautiful Calico (turtleback). 2 nights ago our 6 year old male died on our bed. (no idea why) But he was talking to my wife before he went. :( My dog died last summer. :( So I'm down to 3 horses, 1 dog and 2 cats. We're getting another dog this summer and I'm sure there will be more cats soon enough.

Jim, my wife had 2 cats like that before we got married. Friggin things would shred you like a shark attack on land. You had to watch your back. :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive seen this cat around and my old shop cat had a heart attack or something 6 mos ago and was walking accross the shop floor let out a screach and fell over I sure liked that cat as he was a refugee and could whip a medium dog.

This one is a ferrel cat and had been living under the well house and has had to go on its own since barely weened as I seen some dead kittens last fall down in the storage barn and they were small and the mother was hit on the road and they died I did not know they existed or this would not have happened.

Well I seen this thing a couple times and it acted like a wombat when suprised would flair up and just freak out getting the hell out of dodge and make all kinds of racket.

There were no mice this winter and it seemed too paranoid to accept cat food .
It has took me two weeks two get this thing on my side and its rough it rams you with its head like a bull and will have to learn not too bite and rip jeans and shirts it has had no upbringing and is more like a **** but its coming around and I really like this one.
It has had it rough and you would think if it got used to one human it would want others attention....no way it will rip a stranger up.

And about did to my girlfriend and she said I was mean to it(grabbed it off my lap:mad:)...not the case this thing is next to a wild animal as it gets and its got the good life now it loves me and the shop...cant wait for offspring off this one there will be no rodents for a half mile...B)
Hi Jim I just signed up and not sure how to send a message to you about rebuilding my clutch for 2006 brute force 650SA so, hopefully your get this...shoot me an email at the following dave kim ali At Icloud.com thks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts