·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
116+ Octane With Water Injection!
I never heard of this.:rolleyes:
Been reading up about it and It sounds very cool---[no pun intended]:D
What do you guys think???
Could it help our vtwins put out a little more?????
I might go for a kit.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
It kicks arse on boosted applications.... works better than intercooled as it doesn't need air transfer to cool the intake charge. I have several car buddies who run kits and the difference is for sure worth it. Most just run washer fluid .

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just read that.B)
I might do a set up for my z28.
It might not be so great for a vtwin N/a
but for a v-8---def power increase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just popped up on our radar. If you guys have any questions concerning our products or water methanol injection in general feel free to post them here or feel free to email me at [email protected]

Rodney

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
as quoted from that article:

"For engines that are fueled solely by methanol, such as race engines, it’s quite common to see ice form on the outside of the intake manifolds during operation. Methanol is able to cool down the intake air temperatures entering the cylinder head so well, that when used as the primary fuel on a forced induction engines, an intercooler is not needed no matter what the boost levels are. Most surprisingly, engines can also be ran without a radiator. This being a true testament to the cooling effects offered by methanol."

That's some pretty amazing tuning. or else the motor is under water.

you can make your own injection kit with a NOS nozzle and solenoid, fuel cell, electric fuel pump, and adjustable fuel regulator. push the button and spray it in.

only problem I'd guess is you'd go richer? and have to jet leaner? FI car, prob no change in mapping.

John

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep john---
It will be richer with carbs
I`m gonna do a setup for the z.
When I get up that way john--
We could dyno test the power increase on my z28

Thanx for the post Rodney

I do have questions.

Is there an optimum volume of meth/water to cfm air flow????
A---meth/water /air ratio???
Does the mix need to increase with engine rpm???

Is this adaptable to a carbed vtwin????

Thanx for any info :D

dvader

·
Registered
445 Posts
indy and f1 cars both run methanol without radiators 16k+ rpm

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
When I had a turbo Eagle Talon TSi that I modded, a lot of the DSM guys with the BIG turbos running 30+psi would run high-octane racing fuel with water injection (washer solvent so it doesn't freeze) to keep from getting spark knock. Most of the guys using it were making 550WHP+ on those little 2.0L 4-cylinders. Those guys were also running Holset turbos (think Cummins diesel) that were so large that they had to spray the N20 right at the line just to get enough exhaust flow to spool the huge turbo. No nitrous used the rest of the length of the track.

Here's one of them. ::Shepracing.com - Home::

·
Registered
3 Posts
as quoted from that article:

"For engines that are fueled solely by methanol, such as race engines, it’s quite common to see ice form on the outside of the intake manifolds during operation. Methanol is able to cool down the intake air temperatures entering the cylinder head so well, that when used as the primary fuel on a forced induction engines, an intercooler is not needed no matter what the boost levels are. Most surprisingly, engines can also be ran without a radiator. This being a true testament to the cooling effects offered by methanol."

That's some pretty amazing tuning. or else the motor is under water.

Referring to drag cars or dragsters. Not street cars. No radiator is needed for such a short race.

you can make your own injection kit with a NOS nozzle and solenoid, fuel cell, electric fuel pump, and adjustable fuel regulator. push the button and spray it in.

You can do this but you wont get good atomization at all and the performance of the system will suffer. I've seen guys use various pumps which make anywhere between 14-50 psi and thats just not enough. Our pumps come pre-set at 200 psi and can be adjusted up to 250 psi.

Additionally, nitrous nozzles are designed for use with nitrous and gasoline. Not gasoline or a fluid alone. Try it and see what it looks like. We use a special high pressure nozzle which spins the fluid just as it leaves the tip of the nozzles. Giving you a very nice hollow cone spray pattern and great atomization.

For more information on our nozzles click on the image below.

only problem I'd guess is you'd go richer? and have to jet leaner? FI car, prob no change in mapping.

This where it depends on the application you have and what type of fluid you will want to use. With carburetted systems we will never run pure methanol as it will have a dramatic effect on air fuel requiring you to de jet the carburetor. You don't want to do this. Instead run a mixture that contains 20-50% methanol at most the rest water. That way it doesn't have a big impact on air fuel.

Fuel injected applications with full tuning capabilities go for it. I like to run pure meth.

John
Let me know if you have any other questions or how i can help.

Rodney

·
Registered
711 Posts
Back when I used to race my Chevelle steady,I was running a little over 13.5 to 1 compression.I would also run it on the street occasionally so to keep from having to retard the timing to the point where it run like crap i run an alcohol injectoin set up that had a vacuum switch so that when you mashed the pedal and the vacuum dropped it would open the solenoid .This worked pretty good at keeping it from detonating.It was definately cheaper that running racing fuel at five miles per gallon at best.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts