Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been many years since I've raced quads competitively, well today my riding buddy and I went to the KTM dealer as he heard they have a 2010 model of his 525 in stock but which is road legal, anyway blah blah blah after chatting with the guy for a while I found out that over here they have a yearly two day enduro event which both bikes and quads compete in, it's the first time I've heard anything about it, a lot of the course is run on the same sections of mountain trails with which the Cyprus round of the WRC is held on, so if you think about it the V will be in its element, long fast swooping bends that I could get the tail drifting round very quickly, anyway I'm going to find out more details like if I need a race licence or not but more important when its held because at the moment I couldn't ride for ten minutes without being tired as I've been out of the saddle too long waiting for my buddy to recover from his OP. I'll keep you guys updated, it'd be nice if I could get the V recognised over here :D

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
anyway I'm going to find out more details like if I need a race licence or not
almost for sure you will need one!!

and agree that the V will be in its element, and if I remember correctly of what you have on your V, sure you will have a blast, and piss off a few people with the V!!
to me that is always the best part of competing!! :p
watching other expressions after the results are in, and there is something mixed in between the winners that people dont understand!!! :lol:
a Kawie!!!:D

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
good luck andy--Race smart to finish;)

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
@Andy

just went through your sig, see that you have spacers on the rear, unless I missed something, the front is still stock!!

either fit spacers on the front or go for wider A-arms, that makes one hell of a difference!!

just my 2c worth!!:D

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
awesome, id love to do some sort of xc race, but none in my area. plus id need shocks pronto

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Andy

just went through your sig, see that you have spacers on the rear, unless I missed something, the front is still stock!!

either fit spacers on the front or go for wider A-arms, that makes one hell of a difference!!

just my 2c worth!!:D

ASR +2" Extended A-Arms :p Get your eyes tested mate :D

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good luck andy--Race smart to finish;)
Cheers T, got to find more details yet, if I can find someone in the know who can speak English that is, mind you I guess that's my fault, lived here 8 years and still can't speak Greek fluently :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Latest update!!!

Well guys I went to the nearest MX event to see what contacts I could make, there was a good two wheel turnout but sadly as it was the last quad mx race of the season and the championship had already been decided only five bikes turned up YZF450, Craptor700, two LTR450's and a 525 KTM I've attached some pics to show you the track etc. The yellow LTR rider was way better than the rest and would have won easily but his gearbox let go so the result was KTM, Red LTR, YZF, Craptor, having watched the race carefully and listened to engine notes etc being truthful to myself I think the yellow LTR and KTM would have done me easy, I'd have battled with the red LTR and probably would have got beat, I'd have done the YZF and absolutely slaughtered the Craptor, obviously I'm judging the riders and not the bikes.

Anyway back to the plot of me getting to race, I do have to have a race licence and fortunately met a couple of great guys (bonus was they're English) and they pointed me in the right direction and this week have helped tremendously, they've got me the relevant forms to fill out, written in Greek obviously :rolleyes: but I'm sure I can get some help translating them, so just need to get in shape first before going for a medical, because I haven't been riding lately my fitness has suffered BIG time.

On another note one of the guys has a shop over here building custom quads and selling parts, I gave him a visit and one of the bikes he has for sale is a R6 powered Raptor built for road use, I must take my hat off to the very proffesional fit and finish of his work, he has many contacts worldwide and a lot of race experience so I'm glad I've found this contact on an Island that is usually a nightmare to get anything.

Well I'll stop babbling and keep you all updated on my progress :)

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Do it Andy!!!! You only live once....I'm glad I finally did it and now I can't wait for the next season to start.

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts