Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok everyone i know there's a lot of you who has modified your machines but im looking to see what a stock 700 will do in miles per tank of gas. I know it really depends on how you ride or what your riding surfaces are like but i was just curious as to what is an average mileage distance the bike will go. I have been told that the bike will go 29 miles on a tank of gas but i am skeptic about that. any help would be great. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
the trails i ride in michigan most of the time i can go 40-50 miles before i am running out. and at 45 miles and over i am usually crossing my fingers. those trails are a mix of tight slow stuff and some more open areas to run harder. that was on a stock 700 with a twin air filter stock exhaust, dalton clutch kit.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Yeah im gonna say about 30-40 depending on how you ride, I have gotten close to 65 plus with the IMS tank with exhaust and jetting

·
Registered
733 Posts
I rode a trail with a friend one time with him in a sideXside (with an odometer) and I got over 30 miles on the tank with fuel to spare. The trail had both slow and fast portions going over a pass with a 2500' elevation change.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I think the stock tank is 3.2gal---At best you get to use 3gal---So I'd say the 29-30 is about right---I just went 125 miles and averaged 9.9mpg and that was total on/off throttle all the way. So 10mpg seems about right FOR THE BIG PIGS:p

Kenny

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. i am heading to little sahara this summer so i have a friend that has a gps so i will ask him to monitor how far we go. that will give me a good idea on what my machine will do.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
all depends on terrain and how one is riding!!!

on our long rides, the one time got 106km/66mies and it was still going, however we were riding in the middle of the night, as the one fuel station was closed and we were riding easy, around 60/65km/h (no pipe yet, and find 60-65km/h is the most fuel efficient speed, that hardly ever happens)
was a mission to conserve fuel, as the next fuel station was far!!
yes did have spare fuel, however the others did not and held back a bit in case someone else needed some fuel as well!!

then on soft sand, and playing up and down dunes having lots of fun, on and off the throttle, have had the light come on at around 45km/28miles, also before the pipe was fitted
although dont see much difference with the pipe on either way!!:D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I would say easily it would go 30 miles but usually I'm filling back up around then. I would say I have about 3/4 of a gallon left on the 700...

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I have also rode the trails in mid-Michigan with mine a few times when they were both stock and modded. There is one loop that is about 40 miles of wide-open trails and I can make the whole loop riding pretty hard at times on one tank but the fuel light comes on with about 2-4 miles left. I have heard there is around 8-10 miles left once the fuel light comes on... just never fully tested that. :lol:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
If you don't already have a machined clutch I would look into getting that done. It helps with fuel economy

·
Registered
10 Posts
yea 10mpg is about right. I ride at Glamis Sand Dunes and with that big of an area i have never gone on a ride and needed to fill the tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts