Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Quite a big one.......

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I texted that pic to the guy I bought the Prairie from today, and he said he wants it back!:surprise::laugh:
He also said he would never have sold it if he'd known it would have been such a good machine. He said the RZR he bought with the money has had two clutch rebuilds, two top ends, and a bunch of electrical gremlins. He wants to sell it and buy a Teryx or a Maverick. I told him anything is better than a Poolaris. >:):grin2:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I texted that pic to the guy I bought the Prairie from today, and he said he wants it back!:surprise::laugh:
He also said he would never have sold it if he'd known it would have been such a good machine. He said the RZR he bought with the money has had two clutch rebuilds, two top ends, and a bunch of electrical gremlins. He wants to sell it and buy a Teryx or a Maverick. I told him anything is better than a Poolaris. >:):grin2:
I sold my Brute to buy a Polaris RZR 900s.
I don't have any regrets at all.
I like it so far at 3700 miles. Expecting many, many thousands more.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
That's the last thing in the world that I would've done. I loathe RZRs. You couldn't give me one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That's the last thing in the world that I would've done. I loathe RZRs. You couldn't give me one.
That's you.
Me and my wife love it.
We ride nearly every weekend, year round. 3700 miles in a year and a half. No issues.
Works nice.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That's you.
Me and my wife love it.
We ride nearly every weekend, year round. 3700 miles in a year and a half. No issues.
Works nice.
Guess your one of the lucky ones. Polaris is like ford you never know whats going to happen

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
That's you.
Me and my wife love it.
Works nice.
Guess your one of the lucky ones. Polaris is like ford you never know whats going to happen
You speak my language Swanny. The two most unreliable vehicles I've experienced in my life have certainly been Polaris and Ford!

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Works nice.
Knock on wood. You're right at the point where even big Polaris fans I know of have admitted that it's time to start looking at trading in on another one before things start to go bad.
I have been in and around this ohv thing since 1983, and I have rarely seen a Polaris with more than 5000 miles. Scrapped or still running. I've only seen one with 10,000 miles, and it took a fortune to get it there. Every other time I turned around, that thing was in the shop for one thing or another.

But I wish you the best of luck with your Po.:wink2: By all means, if it's still running at 15,000 miles and hasn't put you in the poor house to get it there, please, please, please let us know!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That's you.
Me and my wife love it.
Works nice.
You speak my language Swanny. The two most unreliable vehicles I've experienced in my life have certainly been Polaris and Ford!
I thought somone would chew me out. I'm a big chevy guy and gm in general.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Works nice.
Knock on wood. You're right at the point where even big Polaris fans I know of have admitted that it's time to start looking at trading in on another one before things start to go bad.
I have been in and around this ohv thing since 1983, and I have rarely seen a Polaris with more than 5000 miles. Scrapped or still running. I've only seen one with 10,000 miles, and it took a fortune to get it there. Every other time I turned around, that thing was in the shop for one thing or another.

But I wish you the best of luck with your Po.:wink2: By all means, if it's still running at 15,000 miles and hasn't put you in the poor house to get it there, please, please, please let us know!
for me it was can am or Kawasaki I choose Kawasaki because I heard canams are expensive to work on and the 1000's look like stretch limos to me. when mines done it will beat a 1000 anyways I love my brute only thing that's a pain is I wear earplugs when I ride

·
Registered
93 Posts
Works nice.

I plan on running the RZR another 4-5 years.
I'm confident it will be just fine. I liked my Brute OK, but I like my RZR better, and in my opinion my 900 RZR is built just as well and just as reliable.
This was recently posted on the RZR site. (I don't really like the older RZR 800, but there are a lot out the with high miles)
35,000 Mile RZR 800 - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

·
Super Moderator
4,690 Posts
A friend of mine has a RzR 800 as well..has over 15K miles on it now..never been in the shop..never did anything but do what was asked of it and always brought him and his wife home. My friend does take care of his stuff..and never abuses.. anything. All he's done to it other then maintenance is put better Fox Shocks on it.. but that's it. It's his experience that tells me a RzR 900 or 1000 should be on my list of future toys. I think anything can be a problem...or a blessing....and most of that is up to the owner.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've only seen one with 10,000 miles, and it took a fortune to get it there. Every other time I turned around, that thing was in the shop for one thing or another.

I assume you're referring to my Polaris. The 2013 I originally purchased was a lemon; the 2014 I have now has only suffered a fuel pump failure, nothing else. The "fortune" you refer to was the Elka Shocks + wheels + tires I added on after the fact. So far, just basic maintenance and RZR clutch bearings to soften the engine braking.

Now, mind you - it is in the shop now for a broken half-axle, but that was due to me running "Behind the Reef" and 3x (in 2 weeks) the 3D Moab Jeep Trail, then running back-to-back DEEP snow, likely hitting something along the way. Still not bad for 10,000 miles in 4 years.

I'm now on my 4th KAWI and I've gotten just up to or just over 10,000 miles on each of them before picking up a new machine.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
[]
I plan on running the RZR another 4-5 years.
I'm confident it will be just fine. I liked my Brute OK, but I like my RZR better, and in my opinion my 900 RZR is built just as well and just as reliable.
This was recently posted on the RZR site. (I don't really like the older RZR 800, but there are a lot out the with high miles)
35,000 Mile RZR 800 - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net
That's a pretty funny video/thread to be honest. Two senior citizens who putt around at what looks like about 10 mph, and admit they don't ride in mud or horse around at all put 35,000 miles on one RZR. Then RZR fans themselves say if they get 10,000 miles out of their own, they'll be happy, and that's a heckuva lot of miles for a RZR. Oh, and by the way, why no pics of the odometer? Curious.....

Sorry man, you'll never convince me of Polaris quality. I've towed too many, rescued too many, and seen too many issues for me to ever be fooled. Even if I hadn't personally witnessed all the crap I've seen, I still would never buy a RZR. They are the official sheeple's machine. The hills are crawling with them. No matter how you customize them, they still look just like the other zillion out there. I don't want something every other person has!
Not to mention most the idiots I encounter on the trails are usually driving RZRs. If someone is going too fast around a blind corner, it's usually a RZR driver. If I catch somebody past the 50" gate, they're usually in a RZR. When I see broken parts or broken belts on the trails, they're usually off RZRs. The jackasses don't even have the politeness to pick up their own junk!

Speaking of junk.......one of my best friends owns a business right behind our local Kawasaki dealer. They share a back lot. Well, a few years ago, they added Polaris to their lineup. Since then, the back lot where they store the vehicles being serviced has completely filled up with Polaris problems. Polaris outnumber the Kawasaki by probably 20 to 1 out there. They've got broken down RZRs stacked up to the fence two and three deep. Whenever I'm over at my buddy's shop, I always walk out back and look at the pile of junk. Its sad because you used to be able to drop off a Kawie, and they'd fix it same day or next day. Now, they're so busy fixing Polaris that they sometimes tell you they can't take in any new work! Last summer, when I needed an axle bearing removed from my swingarm, they were right in the middle of that GIANT fire recall on RZRs, and told me it would take four weeks to do a ten minute job. Luckily, I was able to bribe one of the mechanics with cash and a burger to do my job on his lunchbreak!
Yep, they're making money hand over fist now with the Polaris brand. They sell tons of RZRs to unsuspecting sheeple on one end, then get all the repair work out the back end. But if you're a guy who just wants an oil change or new belt put on your Teryx, you're screwed. Better learn to do it yourself or find some place else to take it.

Sxs are not my cup of tea, but if I were forced to get one, I'd get a Maverick, or a Trailcat, or a Teryx long before I'd think about a RZR.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
I've only seen one with 10,000 miles, and it took a fortune to get it there. Every other time I turned around, that thing was in the shop for one thing or another.

I assume you're referring to my Polaris. The 2013 I originally purchased was a lemon; the 2014 I have now has only suffered a fuel pump failure, nothing else. The "fortune" you refer to was the Elka Shocks + wheels + tires I added on after the fact. So far, just basic maintenance and RZR clutch bearings to soften the engine braking.

Now, mind you - it is in the shop now for a broken half-axle, but that was due to me running "Behind the Reef" and 3x (in 2 weeks) the 3D Moab Jeep Trail, then running back-to-back DEEP snow, likely hitting something along the way. Still not bad for 10,000 miles in 4 years.
BF, I seem to remember a lot more issues than that, (bad clutch bearings/belts squealing, worn bushings, broken shocks/springs, fuel gauge not working, squeaks and rattles, etc), but to keep this thread from any further hijacking, I sent you a pm.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts