Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Forgot to mention.
I'm still driving the 1991 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat I bought used 22 years ago.
Great.
How many miles do you have on your Kawasaki?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great.
How many miles do you have on your Kawasaki?
The Brute Force 750 had just over 7300 miles when I sold it.
My 2009 Kawasaki Versys street bike has around 20,000 miles. Don't ride much any more, but I will probably keep it for a long time.

·
Registered
688 Posts
[]
I plan on running the RZR another 4-5 years.
I'm confident it will be just fine. I liked my Brute OK, but I like my RZR better, and in my opinion my 900 RZR is built just as well and just as reliable.
This was recently posted on the RZR site. (I don't really like the older RZR 800, but there are a lot out the with high miles)
35,000 Mile RZR 800 - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net
That's a pretty funny video/thread to be honest. Two senior citizens who putt around at what looks like about 10 mph, and admit they don't ride in mud or horse around at all put 35,000 miles on one RZR. Then RZR fans themselves say if they get 10,000 miles out of their own, they'll be happy, and that's a heckuva lot of miles for a RZR. Oh, and by the way, why no pics of the odometer? Curious.....

Sorry man, you'll never convince me of Polaris quality. I've towed too many, rescued too many, and seen too many issues for me to ever be fooled. Even if I hadn't personally witnessed all the crap I've seen, I still would never buy a RZR. They are the official sheeple's machine. The hills are crawling with them. No matter how you customize them, they still look just like the other zillion out there. I don't want something every other person has!
Not to mention most the idiots I encounter on the trails are usually driving RZRs. If someone is going too fast around a blind corner, it's usually a RZR driver. If I catch somebody past the 50" gate, they're usually in a RZR. When I see broken parts or broken belts on the trails, they're usually off RZRs. The jackasses don't even have the politeness to pick up their own junk!

Speaking of junk.......one of my best friends owns a business right behind our local Kawasaki dealer. They share a back lot. Well, a few years ago, they added Polaris to their lineup. Since then, the back lot where they store the vehicles being serviced has completely filled up with Polaris problems. Polaris outnumber the Kawasaki by probably 20 to 1 out there. They've got broken down RZRs stacked up to the fence two and three deep. Whenever I'm over at my buddy's shop, I always walk out back and look at the pile of junk. Its sad because you used to be able to drop off a Kawie, and they'd fix it same day or next day. Now, they're so busy fixing Polaris that they sometimes tell you they can't take in any new work! Last summer, when I needed an axle bearing removed from my swingarm, they were right in the middle of that GIANT fire recall on RZRs, and told me it would take four weeks to do a ten minute job. Luckily, I was able to bribe one of the mechanics with cash and a burger to do my job on his lunchbreak!
Yep, they're making money hand over fist now with the Polaris brand. They sell tons of RZRs to unsuspecting sheeple on one end, then get all the repair work out the back end. But if you're a guy who just wants an oil change or new belt put on your Teryx, you're screwed. Better learn to do it yourself or find some place else to take it.

Sxs are not my cup of tea, but if I were forced to get one, I'd get a Maverick, or a Trailcat, or a Teryx long before I'd think about a RZR.
sheeple cash and a burger that had me cracking up yea that place is making a killing off those rzrs. not into sxs's either id buy a jeep before a sxs the mavericks are nice but not worth 30,000 I could see 20 at the most but everything canam has is overpriced anyways.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Got all the plastic on it and went for a test ride this morning. Did this one mile from the truck.......

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Did this yesterday....

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Missed this milestone by one night ride and I wasn't paying attention! o_O

41 - 47 of 47 Posts