Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First question on the forum. I have a Brute 750i. Will it effect the quad in a bad way to put Mudlite XTR's on the quad with the fronts being 25x8x12 and the rears 26x11x12. Will it hurt the drivetrain being 4x4? Will it affect the handling having a 1" difference in diameter? I've heard mixed information from many people. I'd like to hear from more people. (mechanics, tech guru's and such) Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the tires on a Brute are 25s all the way around, so running a 26 in the rear will change the gear ratio on the back. Other words the back tires will be trying to push your front tires...it can cause some damage if you run 4x4 in anything other than real slick conditions. I have heard some say it may not hurt...but its not worth the chance to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talked to Kawasaki and they wont give advice on going smaller or bigger on either axle. They stated that you should just use whats listed in the owners manual. I called 3 different techs at Kawasaki dealers and they stated that in 2 wheel drive there is no mechanical issue but that in 4 wheel drive there will be a change in drive train speeds which will cause problems. All three dealers recommended that smaller and bigger tires should not be mixed on a 4x4 unless they are geared for that set up. Thanks for all that replied. Any more input is still welcome. Knowledge is Strength.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i wouldn't personally do it because i know a guy who did it on a truck and it messed up his transfer case it was on an allwheel drive bravada and just always been told by just about everyone you dont run two different sizes on a 4x4.. if you never run it in 4wd then it wont be an issue but if you do you'll run the chance of messing somehting up so i would stay away from it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts