Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 kfx 700 it misses when its cold it has about 70 hours on it do u think its time to change the plugs if so which one should i buy but when it warms up the miss is gone.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Camo has the same problem with his "wang" when it gets cold, it goes missing.......

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine been doing it for a while.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Friend's wifes 07 V does this. He just noticed it this past weekend.

I think mine was also doing it this weekend on the first startup of the morning.

One is a stock motor.. Other is modified.. Once warmed up, both seemed fine..

I know they are temperamental in the winter. I store a honda 300 with my machine. Honda will fire up without choking or anything after sitting and stone cold. Don't even bother trying to start the V without the choke on a cold day.

I chalk it up to one of the oddities of the 700..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but it does it if its warm out also just when the motor sat over night it will miss

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Are you referring to the air temperature being cold or the motor being cold? Neither of mine run worth a crap unless I let them idle for at least 10 minutes before riding them for the first time of the day. Even in the summer.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
If it has 70 hours on it and the plugs have never been changed then go ahead and change them. NGK CR7E's are good for these motors.

Check valve clearance. With stock cams the clearance should be about .008 Intake and .010 exhaust

BTW, I like the hell outta your jeep.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks im gonna order the plugs tomorrow

im referring when the motor is cold

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I think it is normal when the motor is cold but new plugs may help a little.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks..

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah , give the beast time to warm up .......

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i do let it warm up for about 5 min then i start driving it but i start it and move it out of the garage and that when it misses

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Completely normal as far as I know. Mine both do that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts