Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ill try to make this short and sweet. I have replaced the coil bought a couple cdi's. Checked for continuity. I CANNOT get this stubborn thing to even spark. Any last ideas before I take it to a shop? If Im correct the ignition circut should be able to run by itself independant of the other two. So long as you have the key to open up the circuts from ground. Confused and tired, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I dont know about mohave's, but on my MOJAVE I litterally replaced everything in my electrical system about 6 months ago and still had no luck. When i took it into the shop they found out that i put the pickup coil inside the stator cover on backwards. So if i were you take the cover off and order a new pickup coil and gasket. It will be around 80$ shipped if i remeber correctly but any dealer is going to charge you that as soon as the lay there eyes on your bike

·
Registered
549 Posts
from what I know about cars, there should be some kind of sensor that tells it when the crank is in the right position to fire. I'd look for bad wiring to that or a bad sensor.

·
Registered
387 Posts
from what I know about cars, there should be some kind of sensor that tells it when the crank is in the right position to fire. I'd look for bad wiring to that or a bad sensor.
Thats what the pickup coil is that i was talking about

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks for the information. Sorry for the bad spelling. Tearing bike down, ill let you know what I find. :bash:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts