Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2001 mojave and when you turn the gas on, gas pours out the bottom of the carb. I have the carb off and took it apart. It is clean on the inside, no sludge. Put it back together and still have the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have you tried tapping on the side of the carb. when gas is running out. if it stops running out then it is defanitly your float. If not i have no idea what it could be

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Dirt likes to get stuck around the rubber part of the float valve. Clean it and it should be fine. Make sure to find where the dirt is getting in. If it getting there, it can get in the engine too.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
He said it was clean, not that he cleaned it and, because almost no one actually cleans them thoroughly enough.

The tapered rubber piece on the end of the float valve can get dirt stuck between it and the metal piece it is attached to. When it does that, it won't seat straight enough to fully shut off the flow of fuel. The extra fuel has to go somewhere and the hose on the bottom is where it ends up.

Don't plug the hose or it will end up filling the airbox with gas. (don't ask how I know this)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help and i hope no one gets in a fight over this. Actually, the rubber piece at the tip of the float stopper had come off. I cleaned it but it did not want to stay so I put a little glue to hold it in place. I will try to put a little gas in it in a while and see what happens. Is that piece replaceable if it does not stay. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I would assume it is replaceable, but I'm not sure. I took mine off to clean and it snapped right back in place, so if yours doesn't want to stay without glue, there's a good chance it isn't lining up right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts