Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently had somone rebuild my carb and when i finished rebuilding my bike i went to go start it and gas came pouring out of the overflow tube.is my float getting stuck? can somone please help me!!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Yeah, probably the float. You can try opening the drain on the right side and while gas is flowing, tap the carb with the handle of a screwdriver to see if it something drops into place. Otherwise, you have to open it up to see what they did.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Stuck or ............

The float valve could be stuck with trash or dirt in it..........or the float is not adjusted right..............Cut the fuel line off and drain the carb then tap it firmly continually while you turn on the fuel line......let some fuel run through the carb before you tighten the drain........then tighten the drain screw and keep tapping for a few seconds and see if it stops the overflow. You could have trash or dirt go from the line into the carb when you installed and blocked the float valve from closing...........if so make sure your fuel tank and line is cleaned well of trash, dirt, etc..

When fuel runs into the carb bowl the float rises and closes the valve....if something restricts the valve from closing ......the fuel will overflow.

Use the plastic end of a good size screwdriver to tap with so you don't damage anything.............

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm not familiar with the mojave carb, but I know the Lakota has a tab that is bent to set the float level. If you're float level is wrong it could cause the same problem as it being stuck.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ahh same exact problam im gonna try all these suggestions this weekend and see if it works

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i feel like the biggest retart ever i hook the fuel line from the tank into the over flow port and the over flow line on the carb intake port but thanks anyway for all the help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts