Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but when I start my Mojave, (doesn't have any trouble starting) I put the choke on full and it runs just fine, slight exhaust popping when it is still warming up. Then when I take the choke off it idles at a normal speed and then slowly dies down and shuts off, but starts right back up. I have to keep pumping the throttle when it's not moving to keep it alive. If I start it without choke, I just have to keep pumping the throttle. It runs just fine once you start moving and when you get off the gas while in gear until you start rolling to a stop. I tried adjusting the idle, and I don't believe it is that. I've adjusted the intake valves about 3 times in the past 4ish months.
Could they need to be adjusted again??

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same issue with mine. I do believe it is idle jet because it starts up with the choke on.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
19 Posts
What carb do you have? I have a Mikuni carb on mine, the "choke lever" actually just dumps fuel into the carb through a different fuel port. It doesn't restrict air flow like normal chokes do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It is the round style "VM", and not the flat style. That is the only thing I know about it. I finally found my digital caliper and will measure the size of it. I bought the ATV used and I am the second owner, so who knows where it came from. Could be off of a motorcycle?

·
Registered
257 Posts
if you took you carb apart and cleaned it the right way and put it back together the right way it should work. Now if you took it apart, cleaned it, and put the jets in the wrong spot that would make it not idle with the choke off.
All carbs do the same thing. They all work the same way. So ether its not clean or the jets aren't in the right spot. The needle jet could also be worn or not set right.
Did you take the carb apart? and if so what was it doing before you took the carb off?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts