Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya'll, I'm new to the atv scene, i have ridden friends atvs a few times but never owned one, well I got the bright idea of buying a couple used ones for two of my grand kids so they could have some fun. they are 6 (boy) and 10(girl). I thought about the chinese ones but have read to many horror stories, and not being able to afford new ones, I found a 87 mojave 110, and a bombardier 90 for $1200, they both need some work but both hauled my 220lb butt up and down the street when I test drove them. The mojave starts the first pull but will not start with the elect start so Im troubleshooting to find out why, the first connection off the battery+ looks to be a relay but a parts website called it a switch, It has two large posts and a plug with two small wires, I assume the plug is the control for the relay but with the + hooked up no other terminals are hot and unhooked I get no restistance/continuity through any two of them. I want to make sure this is O K before I go any further down the line. Any help would be appreciated. Also where might I find a elect. schematic for the mojave, Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well the relay is good, had a bad wire from botton, starter is bad though and the cover screws are stripped, whoever decided to use phillip head screws rather than a hex head ought to be shot, they strip to easy. I now need a choke cable, upper front brake cable, and back brake cable to handlebars,anyone know were I can find them. thanks ,they are discontinued

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Unfortunately, you aren't going to find much help with a 110 on here. Not too many people are even here to help with the 250, but you are one of only a handful to have a 110, which is similar only in name.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts