Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
weight: 12.5 lbs total
length is like 64"....I forget now what I made it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Bar will work better on dirt if setup right. More weight over rear wheels equals more traction and better times if you can control it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Bar looks great.... And 12.5 is feather lite .......did you make it out of molly ? Is the braces solid

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aye captain, you are toooooooo quick ......traction and surface conditions dictate it :D

I started it probably a month ago, figure a day or 2 :rolleyes: As usual, get my junk together right before a race :mad:

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bar looks great.... And 12.5 is feather lite .......did you make it out of molly ? Is the braces solid
yeah it's all cm, all tubing
will it fold on me...that I don't know, yet:lol:

I can pick it up at the wheel and bounce it up and down.....I guess it will be okay

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
It's gonna fold, then when the front wheels come back down, that broken chicken wing is going to bitch slap you in the back of the head. Wear your helmet. :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Looks great! I regret selling mine.

Did you polish the go kart rim? lol!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Ive made a few ,geting better along the way my guess is its not gonna fold .Braced good that most of the battle plus Ive seen some flimsey bars wont mention names but ive seen copper tubeing hammered over the bent bar for strength:eek:it held together for the night .....how about a close up pic of the mount

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah I get some better picts. I took that with my phone on the way here to work

the mounts turned out real slick

originally, the top bar was going to be adjustable, by way of left and right hand threaded clevises......but the cm tubing I had, I didn't feel it was strong enough...so I just triangulated it to the bottom bars and made it solid

All the ends are clevises....allows up and down movement but no side to side movement. Makes it real quick to take it off also

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol T

right now I got some stuff I have to make, I've already promised to people awhile back. I've got to get this race over and take care of a few things, then I might consider making a few. Already thought of a few changes I woulda made had I had the time

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
No problem..I have one of shotguns bars here for the bolt on bike. :tup:

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
Looks good. Also, good call on the short swinger.. it will for sure work better at your place.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts