Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of a site thats dedicated to quads with sport bike swaps? i bought a DS650 for $500 with a fked bottom end and want to swap in an engine from a sport bike.. i had a zx9r engine lined up but it sold just before i was going to get it :mad: i more or less just need to know what they are doing on the DS to switch the sprocket to the other side.. it looks like the swing arm can be flipped with relative ease but i cant find anything on it.. thanks

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
Talk to Torkjunky (aka Barry) on this forum. He installed a Gixxer 750 motor into a DS650 a few years ago. I've seen pics and it looks awesome. I'm sure he can answer a few questions for you.

Happy trails...:)

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys! i seen a video on youtube of a ds with a gixxer 750 engine, maybe thats torkjunkys, looked like a nice job..

is this his ds?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Let me know when you are ready for a powerplant as i sell over 200 sport bike engines a year. i can get you anything you want.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
Got a semi local guy who does street bike conversion quads for a living...

He does the nicest ones I have seen in person.. and they are nasty fast..

HardTimesCustomQuads

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Those are sic fast I bet. Looks like he knows his business well.
It's more fun making our heavy beast fast.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i found my engine, a smashed yzf1000.. according to everything ive read its supposed to have 145HP, but that seems steep for something that old.. i had an R1 before and it was rated around that for power.. either way im sure it will have enough.. sofar with engine doner bike and quad im only up to $1000 :D pluss i am talking to a guy that did the same swap so he will give me some pointers.. here is his swap

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
man that is sick,good luck with the build:)

novik who the f are you?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am about one week away from finishing my project, can't wait!!! I got an 06 cbr1000rr motor and put it in my kfx700 frame!! Good luck with the build!!

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am about one week away from finishing my project, can't wait!!! I got an 06 cbr1000rr motor and put it in my kfx700 frame!! Good luck with the build!!

there is a ds650 on youtube with a cbr1000rr motor in it.. looks pretty cool.. hopefully someday i can find a newer and lighter 1000 or bigger engine with efi to throw in it.. it should be pretty simple once its already had a 4 cyl in there..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts