Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have an '01 Mojave I would like to mount a Pelican type box to the rear to carry my camera gear. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have seen a handful of Mojaves with a small rack on the back like a utility quad. Chances of finding one are pretty slim. Your best bet is to custom make something that mounts to the rear grab bar and also uses the supports for the rear plastic.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thats a great idea! I have a small one that would fit my camera perfect. I think I will weld a couple of angle iron tabs on the grab bar to fit the case and then use a bungie to hold it on. Presto a water proof padded box for electronics and cigs for when I hit the creek. Thanks for a great Idea!!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
You can get a rear rack for the Lakota. It mounts right up. Also a 6pack rack for a 400ex works. You just have to drill 2 holes to make it work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi JonBoy,

Thanks for the info, any suggestions on where to find a rack for a Lakota?

Appreciate your help, this quad is new to me, my husband got it for me so I can "ride" with he and the kids on their dirt bikes. Just trying to customize....

Thanks for all the replies so far.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well If you got it a month or so earlier I would have shipped mine to ya, but I let it go to a guy in Oklahoma. You should be able to get one of ebay. Check with Greg at www.cycleworksracing.net He may have one lying around.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have the front and rear racks from my Lakota I'd be willing to sell. They will need some paint. Also,the one side will need to be straightened a little (previous owner rolled it at some point).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts