Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
throwin this out there, if anyones intrested pm me. im offering to ms mod your factory intakes for $75. trying to get my 730 done for the gathering at monkeys farm, i enjoyed doin my bike so i figured why not. how ill do it, you paypal me 75 n mail me your intake boots, ill have a set already made n ready to go! ill use the sets off my prairie and orange v to get started.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
:lol:
he'll also come to your house and clean up
:lol:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On food n beer!

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Good price on them. I know where your coming from, I have everything I need to BBK except for the Cylinders bored!

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Post some pics of the ones that you already made. I might be interested in a set for my orange V. I could probably do it myself if I took the time but just haven't done it yet. I even have the stock intakes from my green V sitting in my parts cabinet.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybe dixietuff or gnfnrs has a pic of em. otherwise ill have to take my bike apart. i use my phone for the internet! ill send the pics to one of em f there stored on my phones memory card!

for those wondering how i came to 75 i make 20/hr at a lil over 3hrs actual labor time shaping the copper,rubber, and sealant. i use bostik which is a marine sealant we use at work on the m1117 asv. cures above and below the waterline, very good stuff!

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I was trying to see photos of the actual ones you made. I know what MS modded intakes look like but everybody makes them a little different.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i sent them both a picture via my phone when i was done with em. i can take a pic with my digi cam but i cant post it till i get to a computer. ive been tryin to send the picture ive got of a copper stub shaped for the boot to greg, i used it as a guide to grind the copper on each side for the boots. im goin out in the garage now to take a photo of it on the bike. thats the best i can do without taking my bike apart.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good price on them. I know where your coming from, I have everything I need to BBK except for the Cylinders bored!
lmfao, hell yeah. seems u and i are the low budget builders. hopd u get to make it to monkeys in march, well run each other so we dont loose, just swap wins!

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
That might work for me if it isn't too blurry.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
hopd u get to make it to monkeys in march, well run each other so we dont loose, just swap wins!
If it wasn't so far away I would have liked to make it too. I would LOVE to see monkey's V and race a few of you guys... although I would only have a stock motor with bolt ons. ;)

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Good price on them. I know where your coming from.
lmfao, hell yeah. seems u and i are the low budget builders.
:lol: You two are not builders. Glenn (AMR), Ray(FPS), Mikee(FST) and John(Interstate motorsport) are builders. Don't flatter your selves boys.

You two are just trying to get lucky (As I was to) making stupid easy items that any one can make if they put there mind to it. The Crossover intakes (MS mod) are so easy to make people seriously. I'll be honest I didn't think I had the know how to make them either witch is why I spent almost $400 buying two sets from VFJ. I recently sold one set of my UPP's and am now running my home made crossover on my V with 36mm carbs. Tight fit but not one issue yet.

My brother inlaw bought a brute 650 and didn't want to fork out the coin to buy them from UPP racing or VFJ. So I stepped in and thought why not I had 3 set's of stock intakes and if I messed up I could just try again. I was simply amazed how easy they were to make that I went ahead and made two more set's just to have.

All I'm trying to say is people are so lazy or have no faith in them selves that they completely block out the thought of trying to make things them selves.

Sorry for cock blocking your thread but I felt I had to step in. Good luck with your crossover making.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Good price on them. I know where your coming from.
lmfao, hell yeah. seems u and i are the low budget builders.
You two are just trying to get lucky (As I was to)

All I'm trying to say is people are so lazy or have no faith in them selves that they completely block out the thought of trying
Sorry for cock blocking your thread but I felt I had to step in. Good luck with your love making.

:eek::eek::eek:

Sounds a little gay to me....:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Yea I'm a hypocrite, I started posting and deleted twice today in this thread but felt I had to step in. This thread was already full of useless crap before I posted anyways. I said what I wanted to say so I'll stay out now. Again good luck with your sales.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
here you go Aaron

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Yea I'm a hypocrite, I started posting and deleted twice today in this thread but felt I had to step in. This thread was already full of useless crap before I posted anyways. I said what I wanted to say so I'll stay out now. Again good luck with your sales.
You're really just pissed off that he is willing to sell them for 1/2 of what you are in your for sale thread. If you REALLY thought this thread was that useless, why did you even post your hypocritical bullshit??? You are doing the EXACT same thing you get pissed about in your own threads but it seems that you think it is OK.

Would you want me to go to your for sale thread for your Muzzy Super Pro and post that the price is WAY too high for a used one since you can buy a brand new one froim VFJ for $5 more?

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Pretty well said TWY!:D He ain't worth the breath anyhow. BTW still a good price Aaron.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I am not trying to take anybody's side. I just can't stand hypocrites.

Aaron, is there enough sealant or is the sealant tough enough not to develop a leak from any possible flexing? There doesn't seem to be that much sealant used in the photo that DIXIETUFF posted. Is the copper pipe cut so it doesn't affect airflow and do you flare the ends so that they hold better?

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Aaron, are you using Bostik 920 or 920FS? If so, they both say not to use in temperatures below 40*F. If that is correct, yours won't work for me. I may ride in the winter and it gets a lot colder here than 40*.

It says that at the bottom of the Typical Applications area of this PDF file.
http://www.bostik-us.com/files/tdsfiles/920fs.pdf

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.