1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
it won't work on windows 8. find an older laptop or tune it on a different older computer.

You want the best way to do it. Find a cheap 5 inch Chinese fake ipad that runs windows 7. they are about 150 bucks. You download 4244 off the MSD website (no c/d disk access so you can't use that)

plug it in. and there you go. it's also a cheap tachometer upgrade. plus you can monitor engine temps, air temps, watch the mapping, RPM, injector duty. it's a really neat option that will work with the MSD. touch screen so you can just touch the map, then touch the keyboard option. hit up or down. and adjust any cells you could want.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it won't work on windows 8. find an older laptop or tune it on a different older computer.

You want the best way to do it. Find a cheap 5 inch Chinese fake ipad that runs windows 7. they are about 150 bucks. You download 4244 off the MSD website (no c/d disk access so you can't use that)

plug it in. and there you go. it's also a cheap tachometer upgrade. plus you can monitor engine temps, air temps, watch the mapping, RPM, injector duty. it's a really neat option that will work with the MSD. touch screen so you can just touch the map, then touch the keyboard option. hit up or down. and adjust any cells you could want.

That kinda sucks that it will not work with windows 8...

That fake i pad seems like a neat option...

I've got an older laptop kicking around so I'll probably use that for the time being

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Good find!!

I've been using a shitty laptop simply because of this issue. Now I can use my good one that will hold a battery charge fro more than 5 mins!!!

THANKS!!

Now if they would have software revision that used the old 4244 maps on the 4244v2 setups. I'd be even happier!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good find!!

I've been using a shitty laptop simply because of this issue. Now I can use my good one that will hold a battery charge fro more than 5 mins!!!

THANKS!!

Now if they would have software revision that used the old 4244 maps on the 4244v2 setups. I'd be even happier!!
No problem!!

Yeah I was in the same situation with no batt life and random shut offs with my old laptop! Never fun!!

Yes that would be a good add also! we can only wait!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good find!!

THANKS!!

Did they ever have a software revision that old 4244 maps can be used on the 4244v2 setups ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts