Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...think I've narrowed down my choice to either of these two tires. I don't do ANY deep mudding but mostly trails and of course here in New England lots of snow. Also, I'm guessing the stock size would be best? I like to ride year round.........thoughts???? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have 26 " mud lite xtr's on my brute 750, they are great tires in mud and on trails, not sure how they are in deep mud but i guess thats out of the question. One thing about the xtr's are they tend to pick up little rocks and throw them in front of the atv and up right to the face, not big enough rocks to seriously get injured if your wearing goggles. They don't work well in soft deep snow but seem to be ok in packed snow, they also freeze up around -30 degess celcius -22 ferenheit that gives out a kind of flintstone ride. Not sure of the bighorns but i hope this help's out

Proud owner of a brute force 750

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Bighorns are for trails and comfortable ride they are not a mud tires by any means.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
I found the Bighorns to be pushy in the fast corners, so now I have gone with the Terra-cross's, these track like you are riding on rails.
The Terra-crosses also do fine in snow.
The 26" tire I prefer, gives you a bit more ground cleareance and the 9" wide tire on the front is a plus, imo. I also prefer the 11" wide on the rear.

·
Registered
266 Posts
27" mudlites, i cant' beleive the steering difference, turns very quickly now with the 9's up front and the 12's in the back.

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just bought my brute force and i put 26in gbc grimm reapers on they seem to be a good tire there rated as a 8 ply so should be good for rocky and rough trail and there a radials tires so you'll get less tire role which will make them a better high speed tire. I just had mine out in the snow and the only thing bad about these tires in the snow could not get it stuck just kept finding deeper snow and could'nt get stuck. They do through alot of snow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts