Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey gang,
Bought a dead as a doornail 97 Mule KAF620 2500. It had been sitting 3yrs due to a "transmission" problem or so I was told. SO..... I used Evaporust on the tank,new lines,pump,filter and rebuilt carb. Fires right up and idles fine. 7506 miles and 880 hours.

Slight adjustment to shift cable and it sets into gear fine.
Now the bad news. Noise coming from under belt cover and It won't go at all.

I have no experience with torque converters but from my research I think I need a new drive pulley assembly. Here is a video of what happens.

I have a video on youtube ( I am new so I couldn't post a link ) but its title is

Kawasaki Mule KAF620 2500 project won't move. Torque Converter / belt problem? Help Please !

The video is 1 min and 14 seconds long ( 1:14 ) The rattling in video is from exhaust shield cover, it has stripped screws)
When you give it gas...Pulley seems to move out before moving back in.

Any help , suggestions , comments welcome.....How hard is this to fix Tell me how to get this thing running and riding Please !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks also for the diagram .. I have learned it takes a $40 dollar "special" tool to remove the drive pulley assembly

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yes, the clutch puller.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man you guys rock, I posted on 2 other sites before finding kawieriders. I have 0 responses on those sites. I will try the dis-assembly and replacing the clutch, but based on the way the drive pulley moves, I'll bet that sleeve is going to need replacing also.

I have a manual that I bought off ebay but it is not near as detailed. Can't say it enough .... Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts