Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this strange issue with this mule I picked up. It's a 3010 and basically when your driving forward in both high and low once you hit a certain speed (not going even 10mph) something is preventing the engine from having any power. The pedal basically feels like the carb has no gas and you slowly slow down until you get to a slow enough speed and then it will respond as normal. Once back to normal you can put the pedal to the floor and it will hit max rpm and increase in speed like normal until once again it hits what feels like a second gear and it just looses it again.

At first I thought this was a carburetor issue but I have taken this thing off about 7 times now and even did an overnight dip. But when it starts it idles great. You can rev the engine up and she is responsive and the jets seem to be putting out like they should. The governor appears to be working correctly and I even checked the primary and secondary clutches today to see if they were compressing and depressing as the engine speed increases and that seems fine as well.

So my question is what would cause the engine to feel like it loses all of its strength or like it's losing gas all of a sudden at a certain speed. It's almost like the spark is turned off and the pedal becomes useless. And once again it's not the governor because the rpms don't need to be high for it to do this. It's more of a certain speed. I've redone al the fuel delivery components (fuel lines, air filter, fuel filter) with Kawasaki original parts. Even tried two different fuel pumps thinking it wasn't getting gas but I'm at the point I don't think it's gas. It's more like some electronic causing spark to stop or something like that because it's sudden and not rpm related. Any help would be hot. Thanks for your time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts