Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mule 4010 at 350 hours has significant front tire wear with 3mm of tread left. Rear tires are about 50 percent worn. About 2/3 of my hours are hauling horse manure on an asphalt road at top speed.

Would inflating the fronts more have helped? I run them at 10 psi as the manual recommends. And, what about replacement tires in the original 23x11-10 size. Can anyone recommend a replacement tire with better tread wear for the street than the original Duro brand?

I am not interested in increasing ride height. That would just make my work harder to shovel manure into the bed every day. Actually I would like a lower ride height, but that’s noy a goal right now.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Mule 550, KAF-300-C5
169 Posts
the asphalt is the fly in the ointment. Asphalt is hard on Offroad tires, you'll need to look for DOT approved tires, or tires that can be used on hard surfaces.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree with mule055. The asphalt is the problem.

My 4010 is lifted and has 26" mud tires. I drive on asphalt about 2/3 of the time as well. The other 1/3 often requires 4wd. My fronts only lasted 120 hours.

I think you'll have a hard time finding anything that's a better value proposition than the stock-type tires for your use.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts